A meeting of the Sverigedemokraterna and Moderaterna account new perspectives in the Swedish policy, believes the researcher.
There is a potentially thawing along the way in the complicated and time deadlock situation in the Swedish parliament.
It takes Hans Mouritzen, senior researcher at the Danish Institute for International Studies.
the Assessment comes after the head of the højrenationale party Sverigedemokraterna, Jimmie Åkesson, was to meet with the leader of Moderaterna, Ulf Kristersson.
- It is a big thing in Swedish domestic politics. In the other parties have tried to isolate Sverigedemokraterna. Before the summer break kept the christian democrats in a meeting with Jimmie Åkesson, and it was the first time that the Sverigedemokraterna got into in the heat, says Hans Mouritzen and adds:
- But this is the next step for the moderate party is a major party, who say that they can also talk with them.
Sverigedemokraterna has long been without a real influence in the Swedish parliament, when all parties have refused to cooperate with the party.
- They have been frozen out, but has been sitting in committee meetings. But it is, when you're talking politics during more informal meetings, that things happen, so what happens now, is new, says Hans Mouritzen.
During Wednesday's meeting discussed the two Swedish party leaders, among other things, tougher penalties for gang members, a new immigration policy and nuclear power.
Ulf Kristersson has apparently warmed up for a collaboration with Jimmie Åkesson, can according to Hans Mouritzen be several reasons.
- part Sverigedemokraterna gone significantly forward in the measurements, so now is the party the second largest in Sweden - surpassed only by the Social democrats.
- It is clear that it is difficult to ignore, and it will also rub off on the voters, if you say that you don't care about 24 percent of the voters, " says Hans Mouritzen.
He also cites the increased banditry as a weighty reason why Sverigedemokraterna had been taken on the advice.
With the thawing process between the parties, can draw out new perspectives before the next elections to the Reichstag in 2022, evaluates the Hans Mouritzen.
- One can imagine that there will be a regeringsalternativ. I don't think that Sverigedemokraterna is going in the government. It will probably be the moderate party and the christian democrats with Sverigedemokraterna as it, he says.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 04 December 2019, 23:00