we showed, that We really enjoy playing for Liverpool, says the striker Origi after the 5-2 victory over Everton.
Liverpool's belgian striker, Divock Origi, was responsible for two of the objectives Wednesday night in a 5-2 victory over the new stadium with Everton.
Origi has only been in the starting line-up for Liverpool four times this season in the Premier League, and he thanked after the match, manager Jürgen Klopp for the confidence.
- the Manager showed us confidence, and we tried just to repay the trust as much as possible and win the three points, " said the belgian to Liverpool FC's website.
- There were plenty of goals today, and we showed that we really enjoy playing for Liverpool.
It was also a clearly impressed Jürgen Klopp, who put the words on the 24-year-old belgiers performance.
- Unique! What a match he played. And I mean not only the objectives, even if they were exceptional, says Klopp to liverpoolfc.com.
- We make some mistakes, which put us under tremendous pressure.
- The type of error we make, due to the fact that the players are under a lot of pressure because of our position in the league, he says in the tv program "Match of the Day" on the BBC.
Everton is located under the relegation zone in the Premier League with just 14 points after 15 matches.
Liverpool are clearly in the lead of the league with 43 points, while Leicester and Manchester City in the next seats have, respectively, 35 and 32 points.
With the victory in the Merseyside-derby has Liverpool also set a new klubrekord with 32 league matches in a row without defeat.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 05 December 2019, 01:00