The prosecutor general's office of Kankan provided Tuesday, the most detailed version to date of the events at Nzérékoré around the march 22 and to a constitutional referendum by the power but boycotted by the opposition. Nzérékoré, one of the largest cities of the country to neighboring Liberia, has been the theatre on the 22nd march and the following days of clashes between religious and ethnic communities and of attacks and reprisals against churches and mosques, according to local sources. These events have given rise to versions completely divergent, as all the violence which is in the throes of this little poor since mid-October 2019 around the project lent to president Alpha Condé to run for a third mandate at the end of 2020. Anyway, this is the first time that the guinean authorities do admit that violence coinciding with the referendum challenged had been 30 deaths in the South at the end of march. They have, however, imputed the blame to the opposition. It denounced a maneuver.
also Read Guinea : why the time is really serious
also Read Guinea : dive in the hell of the military camp of Soronkoni
A balance sheet revealing, but challenged
It must be said that independent audits are very complicated for a case as serious as this-where the national Front for the defence of the Constitution (NDFC), a collective of political parties, trade unions and members of civil society that leads the anti-Condé, has, him, at least 66 people killed in Nzérékoré with a machete, rifle and even in the flames, and 119 in the whole country. He accused the presidential party of these abuses. At the time, the authorities have downplayed the extent of violence in the country and spoke publicly to a small number of victims.
Read also Elections in Guinea : balance sheet bloody in Nzérékoré, capital forest
What the attorney of Kakan said
The attorney general of Kankan, Yaya Kairaba Kaba, has delivered a more pessimistic picture on Tuesday. "Thirty of our fellow citizens have lost their lives during these unfortunate events" in Nzérékoré, he said in remarks broadcast by the public television. Sixty-seven were injured, dozens of homes, shops and workshops were burned, and three churches destroyed, he added. These are the local officials of the NDFC, which may have planned the violence and fanned tensions between communities, providing the pretext for the intervention of armed groups paid by the group and come to Liberia for some, the capital city of Conakry to the other, he said. The authorities have imprisoned 44 suspects prosecuted for murder, arson, or criminal association, he said. Justice is working to ensure that the trial " take place as quickly as possible ", he assured.
also Read Guinea : a double-voting "in a vacuum"
Read also Covid-19 : Guinea to the test of the social distancing
The NDFC denounced a maneuver by the government
Ibrahima Diallo, a leader of the NDFC, denounced on Wednesday a company seeking to "bear the responsibility of killing" to the collective. "How are we to understand that the arrests have taken place on one side ; on the other hand, nobody was worried. It's an injustice and total ", he told AFP. The mobilization of anti-Condé, severely repressed on several occasions, has killed dozens of people, charged by the opposition with the security forces. The defenders of human rights denounce constantly the impunity they enjoy. The NDFC has alerted the international criminal Court.
also Read Guinea : after the event policy, the health challenge of the Covid-19