Harry and Meghan: Did the couple turn down Charles' invitation?

According to British media reports, Prince Harry (37) and Duchess Meghan (41) landed in Great Britain on Saturday (September 3).

Harry and Meghan: Did the couple turn down Charles' invitation?

According to British media reports, Prince Harry (37) and Duchess Meghan (41) landed in Great Britain on Saturday (September 3). Apparently they don't take the time for family gatherings on their trip. As the "Mirror" reports, they are said to have declined an invitation from Harry's father, Prince Charles (73).

A royal insider is said to have revealed that the 73-year-old had issued an "open invitation" and that the couple was "always welcome" with him. Prince Charles "thought it would be a good opportunity for everyone to take stock and relax, but the invitation was declined," the insider said. Father and son are said to have had a tense relationship since the so-called "Megxit", the royal withdrawal of Harry and Meghan in 2020.

Duchess Meghan recently fueled this assumption in an interview with the magazine "The Cut": "Harry said to me: 'I lost my father in this process,'" said the mother of two. However, Omid Scobie, a close friend of the Sussexes, later spoke up and said Meghan had been misunderstood. She didn't mean Charles in her statement, but her own father.

During their stay in Europe, Harry and Meghan are reportedly staying at their home in Windsor, Frogmore Cottage. Harry's brother, Prince William, 40, and his wife, Duchess Kate, 40, live in Adelaide Cottage, just a 15-minute walk away. However, according to insiders, there are "no plans" for William and Harry to meet, as several British media reports. The relationship between the two brothers is also not considered the best.

Royal expert Angela Levin said: "I think it's likely that Catherine and William will try to avoid any contact with Harry and Meghan until they know the contents of Harry's memoir and their Netflix documentary ."

Harry and Meghan "lost their chance to be trustworthy". They would "use every conversation". In their statements about the royal family, they "exaggerated beyond measure" and were "rude". After the couple's scandalous interview with Oprah Winfrey (68) last year, Meghan again chatted unflatteringly about the royals in "The Cut" interview. Harry's memoirs and a Netflix documentary about the Sussexes are eagerly awaited later this year.

Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan will probably not visit the Queen on their trip to Europe. Queen Elizabeth II (96) currently resides at her Balmoral country estate in Scotland. According to "Mirror", "no precautions" were taken there for a meeting with Harry and Meghan.

The couple has a tight schedule during their visit to Europe: on Monday (September 5) they will be guests in Manchester at the "One Young World Summit" congress, after which they will travel to Germany. In Düsseldorf they will make an appointment for the Invictus Games 2023 on Tuesday. Then it's back to the United Kingdom: The WellChild Awards will take place in London on Thursday. It is the first time Harry and Meghan have visited the royal home since Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June. Since retiring, the two have lived in Montecito, California with their children Archie (3) and Lilibet (1).

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS