In the case of the so-called refractory Bieler pensioner Peter Hans Kneubühl a psychiatrist has put into perspective the danger Kneubühls. Werner Strik, Director of the Hospital at the University Psychiatric services of Bern (UPD), said on Thursday in court, Kneubühl was only dangerous in some circumstances.
Then, when the pensioners get in a Tight spot, so Strik at a hearing of the regional court of Berner Jura-Seeland in Biel. If it would not come in 2010, for the foreclosure of the house because of an inheritance dispute, would be Kneubühl may have been simply a loner.
When the police wanted to clear the house of Kneubühl and his sister, shot hard the now 76-Year-old several times at police officers, injuring one of them. He then fled and was not nationally known, because the police took several days.
so Far, it was always, Kneubühl suffer from a delusional disorder and was not, therefore, culpable. Therefore, the regional court and, according to him, the other instances of punishment Kneubühls did. They imposed against him as a therapeutic measure.
Strik finds this diagnosis is wrong. Kneubühl I disorder is a personality. The risk of relapse is low, if the pensioners do not get incomprehensible in the administrative instructions. A regular, close observation, by an accompanying person would be appropriate. Strik is Director of the clinic for psychiatry and psychotherapy of the UPD.
Kneubühl to keep
On Friday the court will announce its decision. BVD representatives Markus D'angelo said in court, Striks statements have the value of a neutral opinion; Strik've treated Kneubühl 2017. It was more of a therapy report.
This is the opinion of a public Prosecutor Manus Widmer, which is also requested represented, Kneubühl be kept safe at all times. In another psychiatric report, the speech was of a moderate to high relapse risk in Kneubühl, so Widmer.
This was still trapped in his delusion and see themselves as victims of an intrigue. Further conflicts would be likely. Kneubühl've also never said where he his rifle is hidden, with which he shot at police officers. In 2010, severely injured police officer said in 2013, before the court, he was working again.
negotiation without Kneubühl
Kneubühl itself did not appear on Thursday before the court. This decided, it was not necessary and continued the negotiations. Kneubühl, however, had read out via his lawyer Sascha Schürch applications: The custody is to reject it and dismiss it from the security detention.
Schürch said, it is the history of other cases in the crime known in which it has come to in the case of forced evictions from homes of violence. The be exception situations. It was, therefore, not to assume that Kneubühl come again in such a situation. His house is now gone. (Dec/sda)
Created: 05.03.2020, 19:57 PMUpdated Date: 06 March 2020, 07:03