DHF is in full swing with the OLYMPIC preparations, even though the women's team still has a long way to Tokyo.
the Road to the OLYMPICS is still long for the Danish defense can also touch in handball, but at the management level is the OLYMPICS-preparations are already well advanced.
the team he will play Morten Henriksen has long held planning meetings with landsholdsledelsen in the form of coach Klavs Bruun Jørgensen, assistant coach Lars Jorgensen and team leader, Mette Vestergaard.
- I'm crazy far, and there is a track of many things. It's kind of a comical situation, for already a few months ago, I sat with Klavs, Lars and Mette and talked about if and if.
- It is also a difficult situation for them, but it is just necessary. We need to be sure that there is a track on it - how the whole logistics must be, if we get two handball team to the OLYMPICS, says Morten Henriksen.
The male national team's OLYMPIC qualifying as the reigning world champion, but the women's team can at worst be out of the OLYMPICS-the picture on Wednesday at noon.
It happens, if Denmark loses to Serbia in the last mellemrundekamp at the WORLD cup.
With a win, the team as a minimum, ensured a playoffkamp on the seventh place, which gives the ticket to the OLYMPIC qualifier.
In the Danish Handball Federation (DHF) is it some nerve-racking days. It would be a line in the bill, if the women's team for the second time in a row miss an OLYMPICS.
- It will be really too bad. Economic is the OLYMPICS a cost to us, but it is money, we really want to of with.
- We also need to see it in a larger narrative. In relation to the branding of damelandsholdet it is important, says Morten Henriksen.
Participation in Tokyo will make fine advertising for the upcoming european championship in Denmark and Norway for one year.
- We have set OLYMPIC qualification as a major resultatmæssig objective. We have a national team, which is becoming older and more experienced, and I think that we have been able to see.
- But there is no doubt that there is a difference in the story, if we have both an OLYMPIC qualification next year and the OLYMPIC games up to the european championship on home ground, where we believe that there is a medal in sight, says Morten Henriksen.
the Match between Denmark and Serbia begin at ten o'clock at the Danish time.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 11 December 2019, 06:00