New nationwide study shows the still high consumption of alcohol among young people in high school.
the Country's high school students, it has predominantly good. But a new national survey with responses from nearly 30,000 high school students also shows that a large group of students drinking and smoking too much, sleeps too little and has other signs of mistrivsel.
More than every third high school student reports that they do not sleep enough to feel rested, nine percent smoking daily, about a fifth drink more than the Health recommendations, and 18 percent have tried to hurt themselves.
the Study is summarized in the report UNG19 from the national Institute of public Health.
- It is worrying that there is still seen a relatively large number of students, as mistrives, and who have unhealthy habits, says the project leader on the report, Veronica Pisinger.
the Report reveals big differences between the four secondary directions, STX, HF, HHX and HTX. The slightly older HF-learners thrive worse and have usundere behavior than the more resourceful students in the general gymnasium, STX
But even in the ordinary gymnasium, the researchers are surprised at how much the young people continue to drink.
- We had probably expected, that there had been a decline since a similar survey from 2014, because there has been a focus in schools on making alcohol policies, and reduce harmful consumption, " says Veronica Pisinger.
- There is really something in the transition from elementary school to high school, where many begin to drink very large quantities, she says.
for Example, 38 percent of boys and 24 percent of the girls binge-drinking where they drink many objects in a short time - four or more times in the last 30 days.
President Birgitte Vedersø from rektorforeningen Danish Colleges recognises that there is still a challenge with alcohol in high school.
- But the young people drink not because they come in high school. But because they are now in the age where you start on it, she says.
She points out that the alcohol policy in the schools is tightened up considerably, although it can always be better.
- But there may well be a little a belief in the parents of that when those young people are in high school, they must fend for themselves. The schools can't do the task alone, she says.
/ritzau/Date Of Update: 11 December 2019, 06:00