Distance up to FC Copenhagen and FC Midtjylland is likely to become too large, saith the Brøndby-camp.
Brøndby two matches since beating Esbjerg, they looked blue-and-yellow against FC Copenhagen and FC Midtjylland in top-2, but two games and two defeats later is the talk a second.
After Sunday's 1-2 defeat to FCK, have Mcdonalds all nine points up for FCK and potentially 16 up to FC Midtjylland, when the round is over. Therefore Brøndby focus on to achieve the club's objective is to download a third place finish.
It was Niels Frederiksen, who previously expressed, that the Brøndby looked up.
- I don't know where we orient towards now. You can also be halvsmart and to repeat something which one once said that we are not looking up, down, east or west, but we are looking inwards, and we will make it a bit better next time, says the Brøndby coach.
Question: But now it becomes well difficult to retrieve the two teams, who are over you?
- Yes, but it goes quickly in football and we must focus on winning the next match.
- Perhaps we must fight for third place, but we just lost to FCK in a match we could have won, says Niels Frederiksen.
- We need to focus on to be the best among the rest. The distance up to the two best teams are larger now than it was a few weeks ago. So now our goal for the next two matches to come out with six points.
- In the spring we need to get in the top-6, but if we can perform as we have done against FCK, so it is certainly possible, and we must aim for third place.
- I'm not nervous that we misses the top-6. The fight against FCK shows that we are on the right path. We played not good in Aarhus last week, but our performance shows that we are doing well, and I am sure that we have enough to get the necessary points, says Dominik Kaiser.
Conversely, the clusters indicate Kamil Wilczek to hope to be able to catch up with rivals in the top.
- It is football and we must keep the focus from match to match. So we have an opportunity to catch up with them, but then we start to collect more points, says Wilczek.
Brøndby has five points down to the teams outside the top-6 before grundspillets last eight rounds.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 02 December 2019, 07:01