Jack Merritt and Saskia Jones were the victims of a terrorist attack on Friday afternoon, when parolees Usman Khan murdered them at London Bridge.
Merritts father has called for, that the son's death should not be used as political ammunition in the Uk. But it has, among others, Boris Johnson, not listened to.
After the attack on the London Bridge, the English prime minister criticized early prøveløsladelser.
"I simply mean not the automatic, early releases, where you cut half of a sentence and closes very serious violent criminals out early works. We have clear evidence that it does not work," said Boris Johnson, according to the BBC.
It, as well as two newspapers was from the Daily Mail and the Daily Express, where Boris Johnson says himself, have scored David Merritt to respond on the social media.
He writes on Twitter:
'I must not use my son's death and the picture of him and his colleague to promote your malicious propaganda,' he writes, and continues:
Also the leader of the liberal democrats, Jo Swinson, believes that Johnson has gone far over the line.
"You have a community that stands together in a fantastic way, and so trying to the prime minister to make it a part of the election campaign. I think it is tasteless," she says, according to the Newspaper.
Jack Merrit studied law at the University of Manchester, before he from 2016 to 2017 was at the University of Cambridge.
He coordinated a conference for former prisoners in the historic building of Fishmongers Hall.
the 23-year-old Saskia Jones attended to the very same conference. She graduated from Cambridge University.
the News agency Reuters has previously written that the Islamic State has taken the blame for the attacks. Usman Khan was shot and killed by the british police.
The 28-year-old Khan was in 2012 found guilty of offences related to terrorism. Six years later, he was released on parole.
"He was on parole from prison in december 2018, and now is one of the key elements in the investigation to find out how he managed to carry out the attack," said Neil Basu, spokesman for the british antiterrorkorps, the night to Saturday.Updated Date: 02 December 2019, 10:00