Hameln: canola harvest: After four years, the first positive balance sheet

for the First time after four years in the doldrums pulls Karl-Friedrich Meyer, Chairman of the Committee on "Plant" in the land people of lower Saxony, a pos

Hameln: canola harvest: After four years, the first positive balance sheet

for the First time after four years in the doldrums pulls Karl-Friedrich Meyer, Chairman of the Committee on "Plant" in the land people of lower Saxony, a positive balance sheet. "Who has sown oilseed rape, can be in this year in most regions, really happy. The farmers can reach more than four tons yield per hectare and achieve 35 to 40 Euro per Dezitonne. This is adequate,“ says the County folk-Chairman of the Weser mountain country. If the amount of the slide below the value of 35 euros, not on the bill for the farmers. Also, the rape stand, under high market pressure due to the competition on the world market.

"The poor returns of recent years have led to a significant decline in rape cultivation in lower Saxony," explains Meyer. The less than satisfactory Harvests were lead back to the extreme dryness, but it was also caused by a strong pest infestation. "This is due to the fact that neonicotinoid has been banned-containing pickling three years ago," says Meyer for sure.

Because of the bad experiences in the drought year 2018, the farmers have sown in the again of a significant lack of rain affected regions, the winter oilseed rape, therefore, only where the conditions were favourable. After the sharp decline in the acreage of 2019 to 2018 by nearly 28 percent, the Union for the promotion of Oil and protein plants (UFOP) in 2020, again a slight increase in harvested area of 3,200 acres on 79.124 hectares.

this season could be rape in water protection areas harvested. There he was, therefore, Mature earlier, because of the winter rape cultivated on these surfaces with less nitrogen. With the intensification of the fertilizer Ordinance, these problems threaten areas as well for the oilseed rape outside of the protection, so that floors have to be relaxed to the order intensively to ensure optimal plant development and to limit the fertilisation requirement. Already from the age of 15. to 20. August, the farmers with the seed for the next crop year.

rape is to follow recovery is an indispensable part of the fruit of many years of fruit. The cultivation helps to improve soil quality and increase yields of Subsequent crops. But also for the people of the gold yellow cruciferous vegetables has valuable properties: The from its kernels Oil is one of the healthiest and most popular oils. To 40 percent of the small, black balls of Oil, the remaining 60 percent are processed into a high-quality protein feed.

*The contribution of "rape harvest: After four years, the first positive balance" is published by Dewezet. Contact with the executives here.

Dewezet
Updated Date: 27 July 2020, 11:26

You need to login to comment.

Please register or login.

RELATED NEWS