Caroline Wozniacki and Michael Laudrup has put Denmark on the map according to Team Denmark's director.
Caroline Wozniacki is in its own superclass as a Danish athlete.
It assesses the Team Denmark-director Lone Hansen, after the Friday came forward to tennisstjernen Caroline Wozniacki stops his career after the Australian Open in January.
Lone Hansen mentions the example of a taxi ride in China, where she most recently was specifically was aware of She greatness, which, according to Lone Hansen only is Michael Laudrup, who in Denmark has been able to match.
- There is no doubt that when you are out in the world somewhere, then you have the mark how great she is. By taxi in China, could we (the driver, red.) not speak a word of English or chinese with each other, but then said the driver Wozniacki and Laudrup.
- It means that she is seen in all corners of the world and thus put our small country on the agenda, and it means a lot.
- She has put Denmark on the verdenskoret in a fantastic way, both with her way to be human on her way to conquer the international stage in a sport that is so hard to get to the top in.
On the tennis court, Caroline Wozniacki in his career, among other things, been number one in the world in 71 weeks, won the grand slam tournament the Australian Open in 2018 and 30 WTA titles.
Likewise, she has represented Denmark three times at the OLYMPICS, where she at the games in Rio in 2016, was the standard bearer.
- She is one of the largest in Denmark. She is a superstar of international tennis, not just tennis, but in the whole.
Lone Hansen was surprised by Friday's announcement from Caroline Wozniacki.
- I'm a little bit surprised, that she stops now. I had hoped that she had taken one or two more years.
- I have no doubt that she could have several good years in him, if she would. I can very well understand her choice to stop the well at the top and as well frisky, which I think we will get to see in Australia, " says Lone Hansen.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 06 December 2019, 17:00