Kamilla Rytter Juhl and Christinna Pedersen has scored more peace, after they have downgraded the badmintonkarrieren.
Each year, Kamilla Rytter Juhl and Christinna Pedersen christmas cards to Kamillas almost 100 year old grandmother in Indianapolis.
for many years, tournament victories and trips around the world adorned the card. But in 2019, it is different.
Here fill a julebillede of daughter Molly and stories about the family's new life.
Since last christmas, the pair become parents, have said goodbye to the badminton at the international top level and have moved closer to friends and family in the north of Jutland.
- Even though it was a big decision to say that now we will put our entire life on, so it has been right for us, and it feels still good in the stomach, says Kamilla Rytter Juhl.
In march announced Christinna Pedersen, that she stopped playing badminton in the national team and international top level. The year before, announced Kamilla Rytter Juhl, that she was pregnant and stopped his career.
Completely connect with badminton however, it is not for the couple, who now represents the area of Vendsyssel in the Danish league.
the Downgrade means that the trainer once a day instead of two, even a structure for the training and no longer have 150 travel days per year.
- It's pretty cool to have control over our days. It gives us a great freedom to be with Molly, and we love, says Kamilla Rytter Juhl.
in Addition to more time outside the badminton court, so as to have the new lifestyle also removed some of the pressure from the pair.
- To make ready for battle, pep each other up, talk with the coach, watch the video and try to do everything perfect all the time can be a tough everyday life.
- There is a lot of pressure in having to perform all the time, and we miss not really so much. When you have been in it for so many years, so you can well get enough of it to last, says Kamilla Rytter Juhl.
- There has not been a single day where I have wondered if I should have waited and seen if I could get an extra OL with.
- I am glad that Kamilla and I dare to feel what was right for our small family, she says.
because Of that, pulls the summer OLYMPICS in Tokyo nor in the pair, who together won silver at the olympics in Rio in 2016.
- I would think that when Kamilla and I turn on the fjerneren and to see the opening procession, then we will look at each other and reminisce our good experiences.
- But it will not with a fortrydelsesfornemmelse in the body. We know that there is many hours behind to be medaljekandidat to an olympic championship.
- The hours we have chosen to prioritise differently, after we got Molly, says Christinna Pedersen.
Even though the rest of the decision, so they miss sometimes it's the rush that the big matches have given.
- There are some things we miss. As the rush, for example you get after a great victory over the two japanese, man has had difficult to beat. We can well remember it, that one is quite high on a win.
- But now we are in a completely different place and have become parents. Now I can be high to see my daughter go, says Kamilla Rytter Juhl.
the Couple enjoying everyday life, to play at liganiveau and not thinking at the time, when it is completely finish with badminton.
- Right now, we feel still that we have a lot to offer with clean badmintonmæssigt in the Danish league, and so long as we have it, we enjoy jumping in badmintontøjet.
We enjoy to be in the moment and do not need to be our future yet. So, what on earth are we going to do when we do not need to workout every morning, we are actually not, says Christinna Pedersen.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 24 December 2019, 13:00