Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson has taken the NFL with unique styles. Experts estimate that they have revolutionized the square as the quarterback, each in their own way.
With the look-away-feints, throws from impossible angles and a raketarm has 24-year-old Patrick Mahomes from the Kansas City Chiefs impressed in the NFL in recent years.
And in recent months, the 22-year-old Lamar Jackson from the Baltimore Ravens has been the quarterback everyone is talking about.
The two are going to revolutionize the position as the quarterback with their performances in this and last NFL season.
It takes Claus Elming, owner of the NFL-the website gulklud.dk.
- They are young and come out of college with a good ballast. They are both going to revolutionize the position as the quarterback. They fascinate each in their own way.
- We have not seen anyone combine the ability to run and throw on so distinguished show that Lamar Jackson, says Elming.
Jackson has this season written himself into the NFL record books by having over 1103 yards with the ball in the 14 first leg matches.
It is more than Michael Vick, who had the previous record over a full season with 1039 yards in 2006.
Elming estimates that Jackson this season will get the MVP award as the season's most valuable player, as Mahomes participated in the last season.
- His ability to run is a unique part of the Ravens' attack. It can not be avoided, he gets hit, but he must avoid unnecessary hits and run out of the sidelines five yards past once in a while, says Elming.
Mahomes is a different and more conventional quarterback with a bazooka of a kastearm.
The kid can get to beat all records - except the Tom Bradys nine Super Bowl finals and six wins. It is almost impossible to get near.
- But otherwise Mahomes get to beat all the records that exist. If he avoids the damage, says Elming.
Anton Bodilsen, head coach of the Kronborg Knights and the NFL's expert on Viasat, estimates that Mahomes could be better than Tom Brady.
Tom Brady has been good in 17 years. It is something a little different, for he has proven himself by winning the Super Bowl six times.
- If Mahomes can to keep themselves free of injuries, so I do not see any reason why he can't be the best ever, says Bodilsen.
He calls Mahomes for an athletic and crazy accurate quarterback, and then he can have something special.
- What makes him unique is that he takes some extremely big chances and get away with it.
- There are perhaps some who will be able to remember Brett Favre from the Green Bay Packers, which was almost the same type of quarterback, who took some huge chances. He escaped just don't always go with them.
- We have never seen a quarterback in the NFL, which so often slips away with some things, as one usually would say that one should not try to do, say Bodilsen.
Mahomes has, among other things, a background in baseball, which has helped him.
- He can twist his body in an unnatural position. He can things such as running out to the right sidebar and then throw to the left. It is technically insanely difficult to throw accurately when you are throwing across your body, he says.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 22 December 2019, 17:00