After the birth of a child and three ironman races on a half years was triatleten Michelle Vesterby affected by fatigue.
As Michelle Vesterby at the end of november took part in an ironman in the mexican Cozumel, she got several times the urge to stop and go home.
Suddenly, she could feel the weariness that had accumulated in the course of a half year. In the period she had born a son, Markus, trained intensely in the pursuit of a WORLD cup ticket, and participated now in its third triatlonstævne.
There, she felt satiated.
- It has been some crazy months, since I got the Mark. In Mexico, I could feel that now I was too tired. I had reached the point.
- Three ironmans in three months is too much for a normal an elite athlete. And then on top of the birth of a child, a small child, which also had to have my attention, I have tried to juggle, as well as I could with it all.
- I perhaps have not quite listened to the accumulated fatigue that has been there, says the 36-year-old triathlete.
The scheduled training is for a moment laid on the shelf in december. Instead she is trained to desire and "on the level of cosiness", as she puts it.
It wasn't Michelle Vesterby to qualify for the WORLD championship in Hawaii in 2019. She made a hard effort to put up in the KMD Ironman Copenhagen three months after the birth. Here, she was number five.
But already now she can with peace of mind look forward to next year's world championship. Despite the tiredness, she was number three in Cozumel, and secured one of the coveted tickets to Kailua-Kona in 2020, where the ironman WORLD championship held every year.
- It is quite amazing that I had cashed the ticket. Also, I believe it was this that kept me going out there. I had passages where I thought: Stop, go home.
- It provides a completely different working than I have experienced before, " she says.
For that fresh mother it is far from as smoothly to plan the training as in the past. In the past it took Michelle Vesterby south to train many weeks of the year.
So it isn't easy anymore. In this case, the son's grandparents, and to act as nannies, while she trains.
She certainly did not want to let him be at home in Denmark.
Consequently, much of the training in the home's basement, which is decorated so that she can ride on the hometraineren and run on the treadmill, while the man Claus or the parents fit the seven-month-old boy.
It is here that the form towards the world cup 10. October 2020, Hawaii should be established.
- I am insanely hungry for to get to Hawaii and make a highscore, but now I must gather the energy and the profits to go into the next block, she says.
Michelle Vesterby gave birth to a son, Markus by caesarean section in may.
Already in august she did her first triatlonstævne after the birth.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 24 December 2019, 09:00