The German health system and its hospitals have kept the pandemic status. At the beginning of March, as the horror came to pictures from Italy, this was by no means certain. Makers now see reasonably confident on the further developments. And you work on the experiences of the first wave of Infection with Sars-CoV-2.
as part of this workup with a view to the future, the data analysis conducted by the Scientific Institute of the AOK (WIdO), together with the German Interdisciplinary Association for Intensive and emergency medicine (DIVI) and is now published in the scientific magazine "The Lancet".
The authors to the Christian what the authorities of the hospitals of Cologne and Carina Mostert from the WIdO of the data of 10.021 Covid-19 patients which had been treated by the end of February to mid-April, 2020 in a total of 920 German hospitals inpatient.High risk of death in old people with artificial ventilation
answers to the question of which patients ended up in the hospital, how many of them had to be ventilated for how long and which patients had a particularly high mortality rate, ease the resource planning for any other Sars-CoV-2 infection waves.The most important data at a Glance:
- The hospital patient with Covid-19 on average 72 years old.
- It is almost the same number of women (4822) were treated as men (5199) stationary.
- It died in 2229 patients, corresponding to 22 percent.
- on Average, the Covid-19-patients two weeks in the hospital remained. A ventilation was not necessary, prolonged the average stay on 25 days , of which 13.5 days on the ventilator.
- 1727 of the patients (17 percent) had to be artificial .
- men needed twice as often a artificial respiration, such as women (1147 compared to 580).
- Who had to be ventilated, had an average of more pre-existing conditions , for example, heart rhythm disorders in 43 percent of the people Affected.
- The Survival in the case of artificial respiration was, on average, below 50 percent. In the Under-60-Year-old died, however, only 28 percent of the Over-80-Year-olds, 72 per cent.
Even if almost a quarter of the patients could not be helped in the hospital, the mortality rate was due to a lack of childcare places in ICUs, as in other European countries. 33.9 intensive care beds per 100,000 inhabitants Germany even before the pandemic, significantly better than England (10,5/100.000) or Spain (9.7/100,000 persons).
The hospitals had expanded their capacities in addition, part of all Intensive care or isolation wards set up. The authors of the study conclude: "A key factor in the pandemic to limit the access to and availability of intensive care beds." More to the Coronavirus Corona-the danger Is by Breathing low? Harvard researchers doubt Aerosol hypothesis of pediatricians-in-chief promotes Opening: "the risk that schools are Hotspots, is low," researchers decode the Corona of the Cluster and find out who are the super spreader! Chart analysis shows Which countries have Corona in the handle, and which do not explode infection numbers - why the Balkans> suddenly Europe Corona-Hotspotdata base for further planning in the pandemic,
Due to sufficient capacities in Germany are also significantly more old people were in intensive care than in the hard-hit and ill-equipped the UK, Where only 20 percent of the Over-70-had a bed in the intensive care unit, and only 2.6 percent were older than 80.
In Germany, however, more than half of the ICU-treated Covid-19-patients were over 70 and 23 percent are over 80 years old. However, they represent the greater part of the dead patients on ventilators: Overall, the chance of Survival of patients who had to be artificially ventilated was already below 50 percent. Of those who were over 80 years old, died, 72 percent. Corona-a consequence of late, even after a light course: milk glass pattern alert Doctors to particularly FOCUS Online Corona late in the sequence after a light course: milk glass pattern alerted Doctors especially After increasing Numbers in Germany, Söder send "last call to all the people Celebrating in a" PCP To increasing Numbers in Germany, Söder send "last call to all Celebrating"Updated Date: 29 July 2020, 16:26