PEOPLE received a statement on Thursday from Charlene, 43. She continues her recovery with "encouraging" results. She will see her husband Prince Albert and her children over the next few days, according to PEOPLE.
"Princess Charlene" is undergoing a satisfactory and reassuring recovery, the palace statement states. However, it cautions that "although it may be a few months before her health has fully recovered,"
Albert, 63, will visit the princess over the holiday season with his 7-year-old twins Prince Jacques (Prince Gabriella).
Prince Albert stated earlier this month that he still considers a personal visit to the children his top priority. He said, "It's something we most desire most." The family is currently planning to spend time at the unnamed location where Charlene is being cared for.
After the palace statement, Prince Albert said to PEOPLE that Charlene, the family, and the medical team of Charlene had agreed on treatment that included clinical rest. This would be "for privacy reasons" and must take place outside of Monaco.
Charlene's decision was described by the Prince as voluntary. "She had already made her choice, and we wanted her to confirm it before us. This was what she wanted. She knew it was the best thing for her to take a break and receive a medically-framed treatment.
Are you a fan of PEOPLE's Royals coverage and want to see more? Get the most recent updates about Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle, and other Royals news by signing up for our newsletter!
The princess has posted two photos since her departure from the public eye. On Tuesday, December 10, she posted photos of her children at their "countdown" birthday party and on Tuesday, a family Christmas portrait.
Thursday's preChristmas advisory from palace concluded that "once she is healthy enough, the Princess looks forward spending time with Monegasque people. Before asking that the Prince and Princess respectfully request that their family privacy be respected during the remaining period.