the Results of the Pisa study published on Tuesday. Research director expects no significant fluctuations.
Tuesday it is again time to take stock of the Danish pupils ' abilities to read and count, when the result of the international Pisa survey will be published.
the Last Pisa-study from 2016, showed that the Danish students had been academically more proficient, and especially in the field of mathematics, there was significant progress.
it Should not look as positive in the new test, so it should not lead to deep panderynker and political snuptagsløsninger.
It takes Andreas Rasch-Christensen, head of research at professionshøjskolen VIA University College.
- the Pisa study has previously been assigned too much importance. Politicians have occasionally put the result on the table and said to how to see the Danish school out, and then you have done this and that.
- It is a wrong use of the test. There must be more ice in the stomach and say, ok, what points to the results and be aware of movements, which can be significant, he says.
Andreas Rasch-Christensen expects, however, that the academic skills of Danish pupils have been significantly worse or better the past three years.
My expectation is that we will see a relatively stable professional development without major fluctuations for the Danish students, he says.
the Pisa survey takes the temperature of the 15-16-year-olds skills in areas such as reading, mathematics and science.
the Survey is conducted every three years since 2000.
According to Andreas Rasch-Christensen is the Pisa study is a good tool to measure the students ' development.
- It is interesting to see how Danish pupils develop over time. You just need to be quite sharp on what it is for some areas, such as Pisa measure, he says.
- It is not a test of trivia. It is also the understanding and ability to use knowledge to concrete tasks, which are measured.
Thus believe Andreas Rasch-Christensen, also from the political side must be careful to measure the Denmark compared to other countries. Instead, the Pisa study is used to see whether the Danish students ' professional abilities, moves the right way.
- It has from the political side in the past said that Pisa drew the full picture of students ' academic development, and it does not, after all, he says, and adds:
- It is good that we have the Pisa study, but one must use it with caution.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 03 December 2019, 12:01