LA left the climate talks after dispute over employment. But klimaloven does not cost Danish jobs, sounds.
Several of the parties behind the klimaloven guarantee that it will not go beyond growth and employment in Denmark.
This applies for instance to the Left, the Danish people's Party, the Social democrats and The Conservatives.
We had implored that this should be done in a way so that it does not go beyond the Danish competitiveness, and that does not cost Danish jobs, " says Mette Abildgaard, klimaordfører for The Conservatives.
the Agreement on the first Danish klimalov ever fell into place Friday night.
the Law's main objectives is to ensure that the emissions of climate-damaging greenhouse gas emissions fall by 70 percent towards 2030 compared to the 1990 level.
the Liberal Alliance left the negotiations earlier on Friday night, because a principle of employment according to the party is not a part of the klimaloven.
But the Danish people's party klimaordfører, Morten Messerschmidt, believe that it is a "fine and balanced" agreement.
- We have laid out some clear pointers in terms of growth and jobs. We have bitten us firmly in the edge of the table and got tosserierne and hysteria from the agreement, so we have a pragmatic agreement.
Klimaordfører Thomas Danielsen (V) also stresses that klimaloven does not affect Danish competitiveness.
- We are pleased that we have landed a deal that takes account of Danish competitiveness and ensure that the forward-looking Danish green transition is done in an appropriate manner, " says Thomas Danielsen.
According to the environment minister Dan Jørgensen (S), there are some principles in klimaloven, which ensures that it does not lead to social imbalance.
- We would like to have, that it leads to, that we develop and strengthen Danish trade and industry and fails to settle the Danish business sector, he says.
With the industry welcomed the new law.
- Klimaloven is the real kickoff of the effort, we now need to start with. The companies are ready. By to take the lead and show klimalederskab, we can inspire the rest of the world, " says Lars Sandahl Sørensen, ceo of Danish Industry, in a comment.
- We must show the rest of the world, that it is actually possible to create a good climate and create a richer society, where we do not compromise on either jobs or welfare.
Klimaloven is scheduled to be followed up by climate action plans in the spring.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 06 December 2019, 23:00