the pension fund PFA, together with partner make several thousand senior housing, student housing with care and help to the buyers.
the pension fund PFA, together with partner Audley Group build several thousand senior housing, student housing with options for care and practical help to the residents. It writes the PFA in a press release.
Overall, the PFA and the Audley Group construct and operate 10 properties in Copenhagen and Aarhus with a total of around 2600 homes for seniors. They must have restaurant, bar, gym and pool. And, in addition to "the opportunity to buy practical help and personal care".
- the Danes over the age of 65 years are the fastest growing population at home, and pensioners boligønsker and needs change rapidly. We know from many studies that they increasingly want to move from their current accommodation to something smaller, more convenient and seniorvenligt.
- A place with the option for integrated care and practical help and optimal environment to engage in strong social communities, writes ejendomsdirektør in the PFA Michael Bruhn.
the Concept is known from abroad. In the UNITED states, the city of The Villages in Florida, there are only for the elderly, for example, repeatedly been the country's fastest growing city.
According to the PFA, should the homes be modelled out from the uk Mayfield Village, there are luxury homes for the elderly.
At Ældresagen offers deputy director Michael Teit Nielsen initiative. But he believes it comes at a sad background.
- There are many danes in the 50 and 60 years of age, who think that they can't get help from the municipality, if they will need it. That is why they have to buy it yourself.
- It is a solution for those who can afford to buy a seniorbolig, but what about those who can't afford it?
He fears it will create an a - and a b-team among the elderly.
the Homes will, according to the PFA cost an average of 7000 dollars a month with the option of purchasing extra services. It becomes both owner and rental housing.
the criticism from the Ældresagen similar Michael Bruhn:
- We don't want to push to the differentiation between pensioners.
- But in the Danish society, there is already an a - and a b-team, where the people who have good pensions and assets have the opportunity to live in a different way.
- It should not prevent anyone to give to the people who have the ability and the will, some deals, says ejendomsdirektøren.
Michael Teit Nielsen acknowledges, however, that there will be a demand among the older citizens, who can afford it.
- It is the community and confidence, which is the primary.
- There is a great interest among our members, according to the different types of accommodation, where you do not live for themselves, but where one enters in a sort of community, where there are some others who can look after a, he says.
the PFA expects to start work immediately and have the first "serviced senior housing, student housing" ready in 2023.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 23 December 2019, 17:00