The Spanish opera star Placido Domingo, who earlier this year was accused of sexual harassment by a number of women, for the first time the leaf from the mouth.
he does a great interview with the Spanish media El Confidencial, and if you expect large concessions, you can think again.
The 78-year-old tenor rejects the pure of all charges, since august is advanced by more than 20 women claiming to have experienced offensive behaviour.
"I have been gallant, but always within the framework of chivalry," says Plácido Domingo to the Spanish media.
He also says that the Spanish nature is ‘warm, devoted and loving’ and that the ‘gallant actions are being perceived differently now-a-days’.
the Incident happened, according to Angela Turner Wilson in 1999, when Plácido Domingo was to have taken her on the chest, while she sat in the sminkerummet before a performance.
Other singers and dancers have told about it, they describe as a ‘known secret’ in the industry on more or less systematic cross-border behavior from operastjernen since the end of the 1980s.
A real trial has not been raised against Domingo, but the numerous charges have nevertheless had implications for the tenor.
Plácido Domingo after the charges were withdrawn from the Los Angelses Opera and from the Met Opera in New York, where he had to construct the play Macbeth.
His first appearance after the charges were in the end of august in the austrian city of Salzburg, where he got standing ovations by the audience, but until Friday of this week, he has been silent on the cases. To El Confidencial, he said:
"I am of the view that all my actions and relationships have always been welcomed and mutual (...) however, I recognise that the rules and standards for how we are - and should be - measured, are different today than they were in the past."Updated Date: 30 November 2019, 16:00