If the Post North after the new year to deliver the letters to all danes, so they must use a three-digit million amount.
Mail's duty to deliver letters all the sites in Denmark ends with the end of 2019.
A new agreement for the Post the North is not in place yet, and therefore, the government has asked Parliament for a three-digit million amount to continue the task in half a year from the turn of the year.
But several lots of twist in the tether, because they believe that the transport minister Benny Engelbrecht (S) do not have the involved parties in time. That is why an agreement is not in place. The minister of transport believe, however, that a temporary agreement will fall in place.
- We have suggested from the government side to extend the Post's universal service temporarily with a half years. Hills a majority in the Danish Parliament about it, then there is no problem in relation to the postombringning from the new year, the minister says, and continues:
But a permanent solution is a greater challenge. Also than I had thought, as I sat in the chair.
Among the other the Left and the Danish people's Party is frustrated that the government first 27. november presented the bill for the temporary solution. And did it with a secret document of the Finance and not in the circle of political parties around the post.
- I can certainly understand the frustration over the problems of Post North. That it has come at the end of november - the proposal for the provisional extension - I take completely on my mantle.
- But I expect that a majority of the parties will take the responsibility for the danes to get mail after the turn of the year, says Benny Engelbrecht.
Neither the Left, the Danish people's Party or the Government is interested in that the state must pay the Post in the North, to stand for the post.
- the Government's intention is that it should not cost the taxpayer money to fund that post out, says the minister.
however, It may look hard, as it is quite expensive to share the post out to the whole of Denmark, which also counts many islands and a number of areas that are sparsely populated.
Therefore see the minister also not as a solution to give the task to other than Post to the North.
- There is no reason to assume that it is a loss-making, can be a profitable in the hands of others. It is a part of the challenge.
just As it is a challenge, to Post the North continue to have many tjenestemandsansatte. And therefore it will also be a cost to the state, if they no longer can be employed in the Post to the North and make the tasks they do today, says Benny Engelbrecht and ends:
- There are no easy solutions. Therefore, we must also highlight the situation thoroughly, no we make a permanent appointment for the spring.
/ritzau/Date Of Update: 15 December 2019, 14:00