Investors are ready with the big bucks for a new stadium in Aarhus, if a number of criteria are met.
Salling Funds and musician Henrik Lind is willing to invest a half a billion dollars to the new stadionprojekt in Aarhus, if a number of conditions are met.
Henrik Lind from Lind Invest and Salling Funds promise to shoot 250 million each in the project, if it is lived up to a number of criteria, which takes into account the operation going forward.
- We think that the time has come to ensure a beautiful and cutting edge stadium in the world, " says Jens Bjerg Sørensen from Herman Sallings Fond.
Along with a number of politicians from Aarhus, including mayor Jacob Bundsgaard (S), presented the plans at a news conference Monday morning at the Aarhus city Hall.
the Mayor explains that it's going to take time to complete the project.
- We are not going to use a quarter of a century, as they did in the beginning of the last century, but it's going to take some time, says Jacob Bundsgaard.
He refers to that former lot has been said about a new stadium in Aarhus, but it is yet to happen.
This time hope the politicians that it becomes something.
this Process is kicked off with a donation of five million dollars from investors.
The money must be in the beginning of the next year is used to establish a project organization, and in the course of the same year start a process to involve the citizens in the area.
If all goes according to plan, the work will go in the time between 2021 and 2023 with the overall development plan, the planning and the first works, explains the mayor.
- One of the requirements is that it becomes a complete solution. We need to think in the whole area, and we should like to find a solution.
- So we have made the assumption that the municipality is an important player in the here. It is them who has the baton.
- And finally, as we have also said that it is really fine to have it built, but it is also important that we find a forward solution for the operation, says Henrik Lind.
Dansk Boldspil-Union (DBU), has previously talked warmly about getting a stadium with a capacity for 25.000 spectators in western Denmark.
But at the press conference in Aarhus you would not get in on the capacity of the new stadium.
- We have not locked on anything. The important thing is that it lives up to Uefas safety requirements, says Jacob Bundsgaard.
He turns, however, that the new stadium should not have a largest.
Athletics are not a big spectator sport in Denmark longer, and therefore are the requirements for tilskuerfaciliteterne less now.
- It will be a football stadium without the largest, but there should still be room for the facilities, says the mayor.
alliance & leicester's current home ground, Ceres Park, according to the club's website space for 19.433 spectators.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 02 December 2019, 10:00