Mie Højlund impressed in the role as defender against France. And was rewarded with a blue eye
It is not unusual to Mie Højlund only participating in the one end of the pitch in a handball match.
But it is in defense, there is a need for stortalentet from Odense, is rather unusual.
Højlunds qualities in the offensive has been well known for years, but in Friday's crucial WORLD cup match against France sent l. the 22-year-old technician into the defense in the second half.
- It is the very opposite of the world. In Odense it has often been the opposite, where I only come into the attack. But I have always known and always had a dream that I not only had to be envejsspiller.
- I'm so happy that Klavs (Bruun Jørgensen) has given me the chance to show that I is a proper defender. It is a feeling I always have had, that I can easily be in the defense, says Mie Højlund.
She got the chance in the attack from the start, but had in contrast to in the previous match against Brazil, not very successfully, with its terminations.
- When I play a little halvelendigt's attacking, so it's nice that I can bid into the other end, she says with a laugh.
But her nimble feet proved effective against the fintestærke the French.
- I think it is a general mindset that it is better with really big physical defensemen. If I was faced with one that is twice as big as me, I also think that I would get it hard.
- But I have a good feeling from the strong fintespillere, because I know, how I even hate to be covered up. The fast feet, them have I got a handle on say Mie Højlund.
the Day then viewer her face a clear proof of the many melee attacks against the French.
along the Way in the fight, she was hit by a stray elbow, and in the course of the night, she's been rewarded with a hefty sæbeøje.
- There is fluid in it, it thumps a bit, and I have a bit of a headache, but I can easily live with. I actually thought that it would be worse, says Mie Højlund.
- I like my role in the defense, so it is fine to have a small souvenir to take away, laughing she.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 07 December 2019, 12:01