37.000 persons have the past two days got donated many tonnes of surplus food from several Danish supermarket chains.
the night before christmas eve, and on christmas eve have been donated 340 tons of surplus food to the 37.000 people nationwide.
It tells the association Stop Waste Locally in a press release.
the Food is donated to the persons who may be in a pressed economy and therefore have difficulty finding advice for julemaden.
The Rasmus Erichsen, founder of Stop Wasting Local.
- It really means everything to them. It is just before, that it is the year's biggest day for them.
- We have seen people who have stood by and cried, and I've also got stuff by people I did not know.
- They have told me that it really has done everything for them, and that it has ensured that they have been unable to get a good christmas eve, says Rasmus Erichsen.
the Food donated by grocery chains such as Brugsen, Fakta, Netto and Føtex.
It can be anything from roast pork and duck to sweets and chocolates to enjoy later in the evening.
Gifts have also been donated lots of, and according to Rasmus Erichsen has been shared 100 tonnes of non-food goods out to the thousands of people.
- Many of these persons are in a situation where they may not have much money and therefore don't get as much food on christmas eve.
- It can also be that they have had to save a little on the children's gifts.
- Therefore it is very important for them to be able to get it here extra food and the extra gifts to have a good christmas eve, he says.
Stop Wasting the Local has collected julemaden from supermarkets in 109 cities. The association has distributed food after the shop closing.
More than 3500 volunteers have helped to donate many tons of food and gifts on the night before christmas eve, and christmas eve.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 25 December 2019, 12:00