After the alleged cyber attack on the TU Bergakademie Freiberg, the university continues to struggle with the consequences. The university was not online again on Tuesday morning, a spokeswoman confirmed on request. Work is being done to close security gaps and gradually switch on IT services such as e-mail communication again. After "irregularities in the IT infrastructure", the university cut all connections to the Internet in the middle of last week.
According to Rector Klaus-Dieter Barbknecht, the Bergakademie was prepared and noticed the attack in good time. "Therefore, no data was lost and, as things stand today, no encryption has occurred," he said in an interview with MDR. "Now we're working on the technology, so hopefully we can go online again soon."
In this case, cybercrime experts from the State Criminal Police Office are investigating. Unlike the university, the police have so far not wanted to speak of a cyber or hacker attack. That could only be determined as a result of the ongoing investigation, it said.
TU Freiberg on internet failure MDR interview with Barbknecht