chief Economist considers, on the basis of folketingssvar that increased tobaksafgift will give pocket pain in some households.
It comes to getting social disadvantage, that the price for a pack of 20 cigarettes will rise by about 20 dollars in the course of the next two years.
It appears by a folketingssvar, as general, rasmussen, Morten Bødskov (S) has sent to the Parliamentary Health and Ældreudvalg.
Measured on the so-called Gini coefficient, which is a tool to measure the development in the field of equality and inequality, comes the increase to "with some uncertainty" to mean an increase in the income gap of 0.2 percentage points, informs the minister.
- Afgiftsbetalinger are not included in the calculation of disposable income, and an increase of cigaretafgiften do not affect income inequality measured by the Gini coefficient.
- Higher cigaretafgifter reduces, however, the purchasing power of smokers and thus influenced by the differences in household purchasing power, according to the answer.
According to the chief economist at the think tank Cepos Mads Lundby Hansen will change, there is a part of the red blok the budget, "increasing inequality is a part".
- Measured by the Gini-coefficient represents the effect of 0.2 points. It corresponds in fact to the effect of reducing the top with 3 points, he says.
the Government as well as The Radical, SF, Enhedslisten and the Alternative decided on Monday in connection with the budget bill for next year that the price of a pack of cigarettes should rise by about 20 dollars.
From 1. april next year increases the price to 55 dollars, and from 1. January 2022 comes in a pack of cigarettes to cost 60 dollars.
- the Reason that higher cigaretafgifter increases the inequality so much, is that for people with low incomes fill cigarettes relatively very in the household budget.
- Now comes the cigaretafgiften to fill up even more in the budget, says Mads Lundby Hansen.
Many political parties are supporting the price rise on a pack of cigarettes, which also was a part of the finanslovsforhandlingerne.
S-the government had in the first place the game out with a tax increase to 50 dollars for a pack of cigarettes. The social democrats let themselves in the negotiations, however, persuade to let the price rise to 60 dollars.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 04 December 2019, 13:00