At least 40 people have been killed in Iran and more than 200 have been injured in a stampede during the funeral of the general iranian Qasem Soleimani, who was killed last Friday in an attack in the united States. The facts have been produced at the third and final day of funeral, on the day on which it should be buried in his hometown, Kerman (south east of the country), which has been forced to postpone the events.
By the time 40 people have been killed and others 213 have been wounded," said a representative of the emergency services to the agency Fars. In statements to the public television, Pir Hossein Kulivand, head of the national service emergency iranians, attributed the tragedy to the massive influx of citizens. As reported by Al Jazeera, the office of the provincial governor ruled that it was a terrorist attack.
in The same way that in previous days in Tehran, Qom, and Ahvaz, tens of thousands of people took to the streets to participate in the funeral of Soleimani, who directed the force, The al-Quds, the elite corps of the iranian Revolutionary Guards in charge of actions in the outside. The iranian media, in fact, have encryption support in "millions" and have been compared to the previous day in the iranian capital. There, on Monday, the funeral procession took six hours to cover little more than five and a half miles that separate the University of Tehran and Azadi Square due to the massive attendance.
Despite the fact that Kerman had been one of the centers of the protests of the past few months by the increase in the price of fuel, harshly repressed by the same Revolutionary Guard to which he belonged Soleimani, its population became this Tuesday in a single voice to give the last farewell to their prodigal son, and cry out “vengeance” against the US action. Some media pointed as reasons of the flood that the city of Kerman was not prepared to accommodate so multitudinous funeral and that the people pounced on the coffin of Soleimani to boot pieces of the cloth with which he was covered and done so with some relic of the deceased.
Iran's supreme leader, ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and the military commanders have said that the retaliation by the action of the united States the past Friday match with the scale of the murder of Soleimani, but that would be in a time and place chosen by Tehran.
Before the crowd gathered in Kerman, the commander-in-chief of the Revolutionary Guards, Hossein Salamí, urged the population to keep “calm” because the retaliation iran will reach “safe” and will be “harsh and decisive”. “The enemy will regret its mistake,” he announced, and added that the US troops will be “soon” thrown out of the Middle East. Ali Shamkhani, secretary of Supreme National Security Council, said that estánn considering 13 "scenarios of revenge", as reported by the news agency Fars. Even the most weak would be "a nightmare of historic for the americans," he warned.
Another iranian reaction has been to declare that the u.s. Army “terrorist organization”. This Tuesday, the Parliament voted unanimously to amend a law last April that declared terrorist to Central Command (CENTCOM) of the Armed Forces of the U.S. and expand it to include “all members of the Pentagon, its affiliated companies and institutions and commanders”, as reported by the agency iranian Fars News. This statement does not pass the symbolic, and is equivalent to the u.s. statement to include the Revolutionary Guard on its list of terrorist groups. But, in addition, the deputies iranians voted other decision draft: increase in 200 million euros in the budget of the force, The al-Quds, to strengthen their capacities of action. This body of the Revolutionary Guard is tasked with, among other things, coordinate and organize militias proiraníes in Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, Yemen and other countries of the region.
U.S. denies a visa to the iranian minister of Foreign affairs to attend the UN
the united States has denied a visa to the Foreign minister of Iran, Javad Zarif. The request had been made weeks ago -prior to the recent clash between the two countries - with the aim of participating in an act of the Security Council of the United Nations next Thursday. According to Reuters, USA justifies this decision in that it can deny visas for “security reasons, terrorism and foreign policy”, although it is a violation of the agreement of United Nations of 1947, which requires Washington to allow foreign officials to enter the U.S. to engage in matters related to the multilateral organization.
Zarif is included in the list of people sanctioned by the US and their movements in the country are restricted to a small territory of New York where is the headquarters of the UN. All in all, in September he had attended the General Assembly of the United Nations without any problems. “They are afraid that someone will come to US and reveal the reality. But the world is not limited to New York. I can speak to the american people from Tehran and that is what I will do,” said Zarif in remarks in the iranian capital.Updated Date: 07 January 2020, 13:00