Samsung for its Smartphones in the rule, up to two years of regular Android Updates. After this period, models of Samsung get still Updates, but it is mostly only smaller Updates that are less frequently available.
Samsung says that it "could be supplied to make any blanket statement about" how long devices with Updates. Just in the last few years, has established this rhythm, however, by the manufacturer. Due to regular replenishment of new devices, which have of course always have more powerful Hardware under the hood, this handling of the manufacturer is quite understandable.
Always be well known to Android serious security vulnerabilities. Security updates are extremely important and should always be installed as soon as possible.No major Android Updates, if the phone is older than three years,
conversely, it means that Samsung phones get no Support once they are older than three years . Users should therefore check what year your Samsung Smartphone came on the market. For example, all models of the Galaxy get in the meantime-S6 series no Updates, as is apparent from a collection of Samsung.
Samsung is the Update strategy of its models between three categories:
- Newly released middle-class models as well as the flagship devices of the Galaxy S and Galaxy Note series such as the Galaxy S10, Note 10 or the Galaxy Fold will get every month a security update.
- Some older devices , including the former flagship, the Galaxy S7, Galaxy A10 or the Tab models S4 and S5e Updates all three months up plays.
- devices that will get the Support at the end of three years (for example, currently, the Galaxy A7 and the Galaxy A8+) approach, the Updates are even rarer. The categories are updated Samsung regularly - this also means that the phones in the last category, fall sooner or later from the Update Support out .
Samsung offers users as a Service, a document in which the supported Smartphones are listed. In the Following, we have summarized the still supported Samsung Smartphones.
Important: Is your device in list , is the purchase of a new smartphone worth Considering if you really want to be on the safe side. Support for the CHIP-mobile phone offers-best-list features to help you through a comprehensive Filter to find the perfect Smartphone.These Galaxy Smartphones will still receive security Updates:
models with monthly security updates:
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Z Flip
- Galaxy S8 Active, Galaxy S9 Galaxy S9+, Galaxy S10 Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20, 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 Ultra-5G
- Galaxy Note8, Galaxy Note9, Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10+ 5G, Galaxy Note10 Lite
- Enterprise models: Galaxy A8 (2018), Galaxy A50, Galaxy XCover4s, Galaxy XCover FieldPro, Galaxy XCover Pro
- Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S7 Active, Galaxy S8 Lite
- Galaxy A11, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A41, Galaxy A71 5G, Galaxy A2 Core, Galaxy A5 (2017), Galaxy A6, Galaxy A6+, Galaxy A7 (2018)
- Galaxy A8 Star, Galaxy A8s, Galaxy A9 (2018)
- Galaxy A10 Galaxy A10e, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A20e, Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A40, Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A60, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A71, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A90 5G, Galaxy A01
- Galaxy, J2, Core, Galaxy J3 Top, Galaxy 4, Galaxy J4+, Galaxy J4 Core, Galaxy 6, Galaxy J6+, Galaxy J7 Duo, Galaxy J7 Top, Galaxy J8
- Galaxy M11, Galaxy M10, Galaxy M10s, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M21, Galaxy, M30, Galaxy M31, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M40
- Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (2018), Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 8 Plus (2019), Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020), Galaxy Tab Active2, Galaxy Tab Active Pro
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab, S4, Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G, Galaxy View2
- W20 5G
- Galaxy A3 (2017), Galaxy A7 (2017), Galaxy A8+ (2018), Galaxy Note FE
- Galaxy J7 Prime2, Galaxy J3 (2017), Galaxy J3 Pop, Galaxy J5 (2017), Galaxy J5 Prime, Galaxy J7 (2017), Galaxy J7 Prime, Galaxy J7 Pop, Galaxy J7 Max, Galaxy J7 Neo, Galaxy J7+
- Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016), Galaxy Tab A (2017), Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab E 8 Refresh
(listing according to Samsung)
you Have enabled on your Samsung phone with the automatic update, you will be informed of your System automatically when a new Update for your phone is available. Keep the Updates prefer the full control, you can do this via the device settings manually. In doing so, you run a risk that you could miss important security enhancements, so it's worth it for the manual setting to regularly check for any Updates.
see also: users should be warned: So easy Foreign WhatsApp messages read
FOCUS Online provides you daily with the most important news from the Digital Department. Here you can subscribe to the Newsletter.
Wirecard AG stock to buy? Now who wants to gamble, you must buy hope on the fear of the banks FOCUS Online Wirecard stock? Now who wants to gamble, have to hope for the fear of the banks In a hidden chamber, German researchers make a unique discovery FOCUS Online In a hidden chamber, German researchers make a unique discovery
Best offer BestCheck.de praise Date Of Update: 26 June 2020, 10:27