To stimulate the economy, to consume the consumer in Germany. Due to cheap prices, incentives should be created so that customers prefer to make certain purchases. At the same time, you should be able to over several months in everyday products can save.
In the case of a weekly shop of about 100 Euro which, although minimal, is noticeable. The Savings, however, on the force six months, saving consumers a total of in this time, the value of a full shopping cart.
- All of the 57 measures included in the economic stimulus package, you can find here
most of the dealers preferred the conversion already. Aldi Süd, Aldi Nord, Lidl, Globus, Netto Marken-Discount, dm and Rossmann lowered their prices prior to the applicable closing date.
discount giant Aldi makes even no difference between normal value added tax (reduced from 19 percent to 16 percent) and the existing low tax rate for about food (drops from 7 to 5 percent).
The Discounter-Primus lowered the prices by a uniform three percent. There are so many foods an additional discount in the amount of one percent. This example also drugstore giant Rossmann followed. There is also a distinction between the normal and the reduced tax rate.
Rewe in turn goes the other way. Instead of with all products, the tax reduction admit a one-to-one how many competitors that lowers the retail giant better prices for selected products "clearly and permanently" and advertises with the Slogan "More than the VAT reduction to save".
Edeka and Netto Marken-Discount also make it different. For a variety of products, the selling prices, after deduction of the tax benefits from round - to the benefit of the customers.
For a kilogram of pears consumers pay, therefore, to 1.25 Euro instead of $ 1.29. Less of the discount brands of Discount on full 0-and 5 - cents rounds off the net.
The VAT reduction could be for customers to a challenge. Debt is that the industry has not settled on a uniform set of rules. Additional customer does not get discounts, see the red price tags and often do not know where, how much and especially how the discount will be deducted. When shopping, the absolute computing-Chaos thus!
As a pioneer Lidl about the VAT reduction as a primary dealer on 22. June is the preferred option and its branches with new price tags fitted. According to CHIP information, employees worked extra shifts, the part up in the night ongoing.
"The price reduction will be made directly to the articles on the shelf and is for the customers on the red price tag in the store clear and transparent way," said the Discounter his idea. How unusual is the looks part, is already on a users photo on Twitter visible.
However, this concept of all the traders not to close.
While the staff to print price labels, dispensed about a perfume retailer Douglas entirely on this step. The company is the rebate in the same way as Lidl or Rewe to its customers, however, in the Form of a voucher. This can put the customer at the "next purchase". Douglas-Boss Tina Müller tweeted: "We want to help to revive consumption, trade & economy."
drugstore giant Penny deducts the discount only at checkout. Signs should inform about the VAT reduction. On the shelves, the old prices remain.
Also, Aldi Süd does not make it customers easily. In the current prospectus of the products with prices are still in the 9s extensions shown. The three percent discount must recalculate the customer. "Discount will be deducted at the checkout," it says in the small print.
Basically, The VAT reduction applies as from 1. July to 31. December 2020. Every dealer and provider is free to decide whether he gives the discount to its customers or not.
it does not apply to products such as tobacco, magazines, collateral, coupons, credits and gift cards. 1. January 2021 could increase the prices.
the CHIP shows, where customers, how much you can save.
- Aldi Süd (since 27. In June, three per cent on the entire range)
- Aldi Nord (since 27. In June, three per cent on the entire range)
- Edeka (since 29. June, tax reduction with rounding)
- globe (since 29. June, tax reduction 1:1 is passed on)
- Hit (from 1. July, tax reduction 1:1 is passed on)
- buying land (since 29. June, tax reduction 1:1 is passed on)
- Lidl (since 22. June, tax reduction 1:1 is passed on)
- Striking (since 29. June, tax reduction is 1:1
- nah&frisch (since 29 passed). June, tax reduction is 1:1
- Netto Marken-Discount (since 29 passed). June, tax reduction with rounding)
- net (since 29. June, tax reduction 1:1 is passed on)
- Penny (from 1. July, tax reduction 1:1 is only given more at checkout)
- Real (from 1. July, tax reduction 1:1 is passed on)
- New (since 29. June, tax reduction 1:1 is only given more at checkout)
- V-market (from 1. July, tax reduction 1:1 is only given more at checkout)
- Budni (since 29. In June, three per cent on the entire range)
- Deichmann (from 1. July, tax reduction 1:1 is only given more at checkout)
- Douglas (from 1. July, tax reduction is 1:1 effective coupon
- dm (1 passed). July, tax reduction 1:1 is only given more at checkout)
- H&M (from 1. July, tax reduction 1:1 is given to the Fund)
- Media market (since 30. June, tax reduction 1:1 is given to the Fund)
- Rossman (since 29. In June, three per cent on the entire range)
- Saturn (since 30. June, tax reduction 1:1 is given to the Fund)
- Zara (from 1. July, tax reduction is 1:1 at the checkout
passed on), Actually it is not a Must that traders, hairdressers, artisans, and restaurateurs to enter the value-added tax reductions on to the customers.
"In the normal course of pricing, it is companies, service providers and Business owners, your prices, to maintain and increase their profit margin," admits the consumer advice centre of North Rhine-Westphalia.
customers should look closely.
Especially in the case of Lidl, Aldi and co. might get it on the shelf to the confusion. The dealer in many cases the old price, the discount, and then to the base price.
The basic price is required by law, so that customers can quickly compare the Kilo or litre price of individual products.
CHIP's advice: pay Attention to deals and prices. The only way you can get the best discount out of it.
*The contribution of "Aldi, Lidl and co. down: Now Chaos threatens the value added tax" published by chip.de. Contact with the executives here.Updated Date: 01 July 2020, 03:26