Rafael Nadal has won his fourteenth title at Roland Garros that takes history to another dimension, unknown and unheard of because there are 22 Grand Slams. The Balearic, in addition, gets 2,000 points, more than two million euros and climbs a rung on the ladder of the ATP ranking.
Nadal's victory against Casper Ruud moves positions among the members of the top ten, a group of elect from which the Spaniard has not moved in seventeen seasons. In addition, the Spaniard is confirmed in the leadership of the best of the year, ahead of Stefanos Tsitsipas and Carlos Alcaraz, who complete the podium.
This is how the ATP classification remains after Nadal's fourteenth bite at the Philippe Chatrier:
Novak Djokovic, 8,770 points
2. Daniil Medvedev, 8,160 puntos
3. Alexander Zverev, 7,795 points
4. Rafael Nadal, 7,525 points
5. Stefanos Tsitsipas, 6,100 points
6. Casper Ruud, 5,050 points
7. Carlos Alcaraz, 5,005 points
8. Andrey Rublev, 4,260 points
9. Felix Auger-Alissimo, 3,955 puntos
10. Matteo Berrettini, 3.805 points