Long day in the waters of Sanxenxo for the participating fleet in the Xacobeo 6mR Worlds. The wind, with hardly any intensity and very variable throughout the day, complicated the work of the regatta committee on Wednesday, preventing new tests for the 40 boats that are vying for the world title from being completed. Bribon 500 in Classics and Momo in Open -leaders after yesterday's day- continue one more day at the head of the general classification and waiting for the competition to resume tomorrow, Thursday, in the Pontevedra estuary.
After 11:30 am, the regatta committee and the fleet jumped into the water to head first towards the Ons regatta course, where initially it seemed that there could be better conditions.
As the hours passed, and after having also tried unsuccessfully against Sanxenxo, the committee made the decision to end the day.
Upon his return to the pontoons, Jano Martín, main officer of the Xacobeo 6mR Worlds, explained: “In the morning we went out to regatta course 1, the Ons course, convinced that there could be a northwesterly wind for one or two hours from at 1:00 p.m., and although it went ahead and reached between twelve and fourteen knots, it barely lasted half an hour. From then on we were also covering the other regatta area and with every breeze that blew we tried to set up the course, but the wind ended up going away again”.
Without a doubt, the committee tried until finally, at 5:30 p.m., the day was considered suspended. "We were waiting until the end in case there was a bit of wind that would allow us to complete at least one task, but there has been no luck", concluded Martín.
Tomorrow, Thursday, if the wind allows it, the fleet will resume the competition at 1:00 p.m.