LaLiga replied this Thursday to the president of Real Madrid, Florentino Pérez, that "he has not pressured at any time or in any way" his counterpart from FC Barcelona, Joan Laporta, to adhere to the agreement with the CVC international fund.
“Laporta has had great pressure to get into that CVC agreement, but Barça is a serious club and has denounced this and it will be difficult for him to enter, it would be absurd. They sure come out ahead. In life there are better and worse economic situations but Barça is one of the great clubs in the world, they have a value -what the connoisseurs say-, around 4,000 or 5,000 million euros, it is a solvent club and they have mechanisms to get ahead », Pérez pointed out during an interview on the program 'El Chiringuito' held at midnight on Thursday.
In this sense, LaLiga has clarified first thing in the morning through a statement that "it has not pressured Laporta at any time or in any way" with the intention of him joining the 'LaLiga Impulso' project. "At all times what has been done is to attend to the different information requirements requested by FC Barcelona from both LaLiga and CVC, always in response to a previously expressed interest from the club," he pointed out.
The employers' association recalls that "it has already been explained on numerous occasions" that this agreement, rejected and denounced in court by Real Madrid, Barça and Athletic Club, "has had legal advice from important leading firms since its inception international like Uría Menéndez or Latham
LaLiga underlines that this agreement was put to a vote, "as it could not be otherwise, following the democratic channels enabled in the different governance bodies of LaLiga", and that 38 of the 42 clubs that make up professional football gave their approval. “after analyzing the agreement individually and autonomously, also supported by their respective legal advisors.”
"Finally, we regret that, once again, Florentino Pérez calls into question the decision-making capacity and autonomy of the rest of the presidents and managers of the LaLiga clubs," the club's management said.
In his speech at 'El Chiringuito', Florentino Pérez showed his differences with Javier Tebas and said he felt 'harmed' by LaLiga despite the fact that its president had recently denounced to UEFA the renewal of Kylian Mbappé by PSG, considering that the French were breaking financial fair play. "I don't know why he does it," said the white leader about LaLiga's complaint to UEFA. "Tebas does not support Real Madrid, I do not feel supported by Tebas, I feel harmed. We have a lawsuit with FC Barcelona and Athletic Club for an agreement that -in our opinion- is illegal. It's illegal for sure," he pointed out.
Florentino explained that it is “illegal for two things. The first because it breaches a decree law, which says that all clubs transfer our television rights to LaLiga for marketing and in three years. And there is no competition nor is it in three years. The rest of the clubs will have signed because they would need the money and after the pandemic it has been difficult », he added.