The dreaded circuit of Siverstone, with its series of long curves, will not be enough to develop the scenario. It took the technical steps in to spice up a the end of the race, which was announced processionary. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) won in extremis to the F1 Grand Prix of Great Britain on Sunday. In fact, he has crossed the finish line on three wheels due to a puncture, just ahead of Max Verstappen (Red Bull).
The Uk has won its 7th victory in his home Grand Prix and flies in the championship, His team mate Valtteri Bottas had also flatted in the final laps and was not able to score points in the championship by finishing only 11th.
While the race was relatively tasteless, with the two Mercedes prancing in front of their rival, the last few turns have seen a strong suspense because of the punctures of the two Mercedes in the final laps.
Leclerc lucky 3rd
" Until the last lap, everything was going well. But when I heard that Valtteri had a puncture, I looked at my tires and everything seemed to go well, but suddenly I had a puncture also. I tried to keep the speed without breaking the rim, " stressed Hamilton after arrival.
Verstappen has probably lost the victory by stopping in the front-to-last lap to put some new tyres that enabled him to beat the lap record and scoring an extra point.
The shutdown also cost the time that would have allowed him to pass Hamilton just before the finish line. "I am very happy to have finished 2nd, however, said the young Dutchman.
This is suddenly Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) who inherits a 3rd place unexpected after most of the race in 4th position. He took advantage of the puncture Bottas to finish on the podium while the cars Italian are currently experiencing a slump.p>
F1/GP of Great Britain – The general classification
1. Lewis Hamilton (GBR/Mercedes)
the 306,198 km in 1 h 29 : 51 105
2. Max Verstappen (NED/Red Bull-Honda) 5 856
3. Charles Leclerc (MY/Ferrari) at 18 474
4. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS/Renault) at 19 650
5. Lando Norris (GBR/McLaren-Renault) at 22 277
6. Esteban Ake (FRA/Renault) 26 937
7. Pierre Gasly (FRA/AlphaTauri-Honda) 31 188
8. Alexander Albon (THA/Red Bull-Honda) 32 670
9. Lance Stroll (CAN/Racing Point-Mercedes) at 37 311
10. Sebastian Vettel (GER/Ferrari) at 41 857
11. Valtteri Bottas (FIN/Mercedes) 42 167
12. Antonio Giovinazzi (ITA/Alfa Romeo Racing-Ferrari) at 54 205
13. George Russell (GBR/Williams-Mercedes) at 52 004
14. Carlos Sainz Jr (ESP/McLaren-Renault) 53 370
15. Nicholas Latifi (CAN/Williams-Mercedes) at 54 549
16. Romain Grosjean (FRA/Haas-Ferrari) at 55 050
17. Kimi Räikkönen (FIN/Alfa Romeo Racing-Ferrari) - 1 turnp>
fastest lap : Max Verstappen (NED/Red Bull-Honda) 1:27.097 the 52nd round (average : 243,494 km/h)p>
Kevin Magnussen (DEN/Haas-Ferrari): accident 1st round
Nico Hülkenberg (GER/Racing Point-Mercedes): mechanical problem 1st round
Daniil Kvyat (RUS/AlphaTauri-Honda): head-to-tail 33rd roundDate Of Update: 02 August 2020, 12:33