Rafael Nadal has to postpone his intended comeback again. The injured tennis superstar cannot start at the Masters tournament in Madrid from April 26 to May 7 either, as he said in a video message via Instagram.
"The injury hasn't healed yet and I can't work as hard as I have to to compete," said the 36-year-old Spaniard. Nadal had previously had to cancel participation in the tournament in Barcelona.
The 22-time Grand Slam tournament winner suffered a hip flexor and groin muscle injury at the Australian Open. He is still suffering from the consequences. It remains unclear when he will return. "The recovery time should be six to eight weeks and we are now in the fourteenth week. The reality is that the situation is not what we expected," he said. "I can't give a schedule." A few days ago it was decided to start another treatment. Nadal's big goal is to be able to serve again at the French Open on May 28th.