The dispute over the dismissal of Julian Nagelsmann at Bayern is entering the next round. The question is: did Nagelsmann find out about his dismissal from the Bayern bosses? Or was he informed by the press? His consulting agency, Sports 360, wrote in a statement in response to a request from Sky: "There was no contact and no attempt to contact Bayern. Julian Nagelsmann's management called Hasan Salihamidzic even after the various rumors in the media."
According to this account, Nagelsmann found out about his dismissal from the press. However, Bayern sports director Hasan Salihamidzic vehemently denies the allegations: “As soon as we had Thomas Tuchel’s commitment, I tried to reach Julian – once, twice, three times. Then I called his management. And then I still have called Julian and then reached him," he emphasized in an interview with "Bild".
The 46-year-old also defended his fellow board member Oliver Kahn: "Oliver Kahn told the absolute truth. And I put my hand in the fire for that! That's exactly how I explained it at the press conference, that's exactly how I said it at the Double pass explained. I also don't see that we need to talk about it any further. Those are facts that stand. That's the truth!"
Bayern boss Oliver Kahn had declared before the 4-2 win against Borussia Dortmund that the process was ultimately "a disaster", but that was because the information about Nagelsmann had been leaked to the media. "It certainly wasn't from FC Bayern. (...) We're not shooting ourselves in the foot," said Kahn.
Only informing Nagelsmann, who was on vacation at the time, about the dismissal over the phone is not FC Bayern's style. That is why the personal interview was necessary.
On Friday, March 24, Nagelsmann drove to the Bayern headquarters on Säbener Strasse for the crucial meeting. The record champions then announced the separation and the commitment of successor Thomas Tuchel. However, both personal details had already been reported on the evening of March 23rd. Sports director Salihamidzic, however, claimed on Sunday in the Sport1 "double pass": "The first person we called was Julian Nagelsmann."