The German soccer record champion FC Bayern Munich has committed its sports director Hasan Salihamidžić to 2026.
At its meeting on Monday evening, the supervisory board unanimously decided to extend the contract with the 45-year-old by a further three years, the association announced. First, the "Bild" newspaper reported the extension of the contract.
"Hasan Salihamidžić has done an excellent job in the five years he has been in charge at Bayern Munich," said Bayern Munich president Herbert Hainer. "Hasan Salihamidžić gives everything for FC Bayern 24 hours a day. He stands for the FC Bayern gene, for continuity and for titles." Hainer had already said in July that Munich wanted to extend Salihamidžić.
"I've always said: I love FC Bayern, Munich is my home," said sporting director Salihamidžić, according to the club's statement. He had often been publicly criticized for transfers in the past. The purchases of Sadio Mané (Liverpool FC), Noussair Mazraoui and Ryan Gravenberch (both Ajax Amsterdam) and Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus Turin) for the season that has just started have brought him a lot of recognition recently.