Liverpool beat Flamengo 1-0 at the WORLD cup at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha, Qatar.
Liverpool's manager, Jürgen Klopp, acknowledges that the team is exhausted after the late victory at the WORLD cup.
- We are all exhausted after a very intense battle. It was great, and the players were sensational, " says Jürgen Klopp after the match.
Liverpool had to in overtime to make it by with the brazilian Flamengo. Here scored Liverpool's brazilian attacker Roberto Firmino to the final result 1-0.
The late victories is becoming a trend for Liverpool.
- We will not be relying on late goals, but they are important, says Klopp.
- the player has very much improved, and when you begin to believe in victories, do you believe in the victories in all the 90 minutes and in this case 120 minutes, he says.
the Victory was extra special for brazilian Firmino, who got the bragging rights over his countrymen.
- I am very pleased on his behalf, it means a lot to him, says Klopp about Firmino.
It was the first time that Liverpool won the WORLD cup despite his six Champions League trophies.
In 1981, beat Flamengo Liverpool at the tournament was then called the Intercontinental Cup.
Flamengos coach, Jorge Jesus was pleased that his team could play up with the european champions.
- We must not forget that Liverpool are the strongest teams in Europe, and we played straight up with them and was not in trouble in the first 95 minutes.
- I am proud of my players, says Jorge Jesus after the match.
/ritzau/ReutersUpdated Date: 22 December 2019, 04:00