Megan Rapinoe encourages male colleagues to go into in the debate against racism and homophobia in football.
Where are the largest male football stars, when the debate rages about the problems with racism and homophobia in football, or when equality between men and women in the sport need to be discussed?
It asks the american Megan Rapinoe about in an article in the fodboldmagasinet France Football, who are behind the Ballon d'or award, given to the world's best footballer. The price, she won even Monday evening.
She calls for help from Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
- They engage not in anything. Raheem Sterling and Kalidou Koulibaly are talking in every case about it, when they are exposed to racism.
- But what about the others? I urge them to say no, she says, according to NTB.
Messi, Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic all comes out even in less straitened circumstances, she points out.
- It only makes their silence even more incomprehensible. I will be sad and sour some times. I think that they are thinking, "I have come away from there, so I will not make life difficult".
- So long as they do not become acidic as Sterling and Koulibaly, when they hear abelyde, comes nothing to change, and they (Messi, Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic, red.) going to be a part of the problem.
I fancy it no more, she says.
She is absolutely sure that it will have a big effect if some of the sport's biggest stars mingling in the debate.
- Imagine if Cristiano Ronaldo said that there should be invested more money in female football, or if Lionel Messi went of the track, when he heard abelyde. It would be a big.
- the Judges would not dare to give Messi a red card to emigrate - not for him, the world through the ages the best soccer player.
- I orcs not more, that the other players are just comforts, and then it's everything, " says Rapinoe.
The american champion has even actively participated as a key voice in the debate about gender equality in football.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 03 December 2019, 12:00