Time it is called, is for the children to sit always in the rear, then the passenger seat is suddenly the safest place. But also the wide range of different children poses sit ask again: lately, experts stress that it is for the small travel companion better, if you sit against the direction of travel. But is it really? After all, there is also a front-facing child seats from renowned brands.Front or rear?
The Stiftung Warentest, the Trend clearly goes back to the rear and also the ADAC recommends the rear seats for the small travel companion. The advantage for newer cars: Isofix Eyelets under the rear seat allow the child seats quick and safe to install. In addition, no Airbag, which could injure the child is in the back, he should be in a collision is triggered.
Many parents argue that their children, especially the very small babies are in the front of quiet, as you can see, the mother or the father directly. However, the serious consequences may have distracted the driver by his child, this can quickly lead to an accident. Anyone who opts for this variant, you should definitely turn off the front Airbag. The force of the safety balls could injure the child or even kill.view to the front?
"babies should be opposite to the direction of travel, larger children with views to the front," says Stiftung Warentest. Especially in the case of small babies will be protected in the event of an impact of the sensitive cervical spine. A new international Standard called "i-Size" is based this rule of the older European test standard ECE R44, among other things, the following Changes:
- manufacturer their seats a share, according to body size, not more in the weight groups
- child seats are certified according to this regulation, may be installed in the first 15 months, only backwards (the R44-control allows driving Forwards with these Seats from 9 months)
In its most recent investigation has tested the ADAC 18 child seats on safety, handling, ergonomics and harmful substances. The winner of the test for a one - to-four-year-old children show no tendency to the direction of travel. Both to the rear as well as front-facing models in the investigation well. So there are child seats in both variants, the high promise of safety. At the end, must decide what drive he decides, as long as he followed the ground rules: backwards and backwards until at least two, preferably four years.
tips for child seat-a purchase (source: ADAC)
- it is Important that children sit in front of the purchase in his car to try out.
- The child must seat a level and stable in the vehicle installed. Especially in older cars, you should make sure.
- straps should be straight and no wrinkles.
- Especially for baby seats, one should check whether the length of the belt is sufficient in the vehicle, to the seat buckle up, this is not possible, provide Isofix stations in a safe and stable solution.
- In the case of booster seats with back support, it is possible that the belt rolls up on its own if the child leans forward. Then a different model is necessary.
- child seat models with semi-universal approval (e.g., all child seats with a support leg) can not be in all the cars assembled. These products, a list that you can check whether the product can be used in the own vehicle.
- in Principle, important notes and information in the owner's manual of the child seat and in the manual of the vehicle.
- An orange sticker shows if the seat is tested according to the latest standard and approved. The latest seal of approval ECE R44 with the number 03 or 04; i-Size seats are marked with ECE R129, which is a slightly newer international standard that applies in more than 60 countries.
This article was written by Sandra Leinfelder
*The contribution of "Safe driving: How and where do I place the child seat?" published by world of wonders. Contact with the executives here.world of wonders Updated Date: 16 June 2020, 06:26