Leicester was known as the little creature that would not die in mesterskabssæsonen 2015/16. The club is to show that it belongs in the top of the Premier League.
No one thought seriously of Leicester as the English champion, as the team in the fall of 2015 put themselves at the head of the Premier League.
the Club had been struggling for survival in the season prior to, but delivered sensationen, won the championship and closed the mouth of those who had called the team a flash in the pan.
It is not many, call the team today.
Leicester is number two in the league - only surpassed by Liverpool and will hold the position regardless of the outcome of Saturday's away match against the defending major league champion, Manchester City.
Leicester is in the process of establishing themselves in the funny end of the league, and this is almost the most impressive, believe Morten Bruun, fodboldekspert on the Discovery.
- You could well have a justified fear that Leicester would be a "one season wonder", when the team won the championship. It has been seen in other countries, says Bruun.
He points at Blackburn as the latest club, who won the English championship without being one of the greats traditionsklubber. It happened in 1995.
Blackburn was down in League One and is now back in The Championship.
- But it is extremely rare to succeed the here provinshold, as it typically is, to get it to happen again.
- It never gets the opening to establish themselves in the top of the league. But it seems the simply to, it is possible for Leicester to make it, " says Bruun.
Leicester have right now more points - 39 - than the team had at the same time in mesterskabssæsonen. Manchester City have 35 points.
- They have used mesterskabssæsonen as a springboard to make themselves an established top-10 club, explains Bruun.
One of the reasons is to be found Leicester's tackling many of the money that came into klubkassen in the years after the after the guldsæsonen.
the Club earned money on the title, to enter in the Champions League, as well as on transfers of N'Golo Edging, Danny Drinkwater, Riyad Mahrez and by Harry Maguire.
the Money has been invested wisely in players like James Maddison, Ricardo Pereira, Wilfred Ndidi and Youri Tielemans, while Ben Chilwell and Harvey Barnes has come from their own ranks.
Bruun also praises manager Brendan Rodgers, as well as Kasper Schmeichel and Jamie Vardy, which is the only stamspillere from the team that won the championship in 2016.
- We have the law to which the danes to point to Schmeichel as a pillar in the locker room along with Vardy, which greatly represent the club and keep it together, says Bruun.
Leicester is, however, not the champion again this year.
Liverpool have ten points more in the first place and are bolted, assess Bruun.
- If Leicester becomes number two, the club has overpræsteret. It has also, if it ends up in the top-4 and qualify for the Champions League. But I think that the Leicester end up in the top-4, he says.
Leicester's match against Manchester City gets underway on Saturday at 18.30.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 21 December 2019, 15:00