As Bournemouth were beaten 3-0, it was Liverpool's first clean sheet since september.
Liverpool is unstoppable at the top of the Premier League. Saturday won the team of 15. time in 16 league matches, and there was even whipped cream on the top in the form of a "clean sheet", as Bournemouth out were beaten 3-0.
in Fact, you should absolutely to september to find the last match in which Liverpool kept the goal clean.
- I had actually forgotten the feeling, to be honest. It is amazing. It was the most used word in the locker room after the fight: "the Clean sheet. The Clean sheet. Clean sheet," says manager Jürgen Klopp.
- All were desperate for it, and now we got it. So let's make it something more. It would be workable with a purely objective already on Tuesday in the Champions League against RB Salzburg. It would be good, he continues.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita, sent Liverpool against the victory before the break, before Mohamed Salah cemented the card inside in the second half.
- It was 100 percent perfect. We scored beautiful goals, created more chances and was not nice to play against.
- From 3-0 checked we fight. The players would like to go out over the steppes, but I didn't want us to run unnecessary risks, " says Klopp.
Later Saturday, got Liverpool a gift served up by Manchester United, who beat Manchester City 2-1 at stamford bridge.
the Result meant that Liverpool now have 14 points down to the City, which has won the championship the past two seasons.
- We need to focus on, what we must do and think on the next match. It is just very, whether the distance is 6, 8 or 14 points. We must just run on. We have a great team, " says City manager Josep Guardiola.
Leicester is right now Liverpool's nearest competitor in the Premier League table. Kasper Schmeichels team is 11 points behind in second place, but can reduce the gap by winning the away game on Sunday against Aston Villa.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 08 December 2019, 09:00