Lionel Messi trains with the most recent Ballon d'or a decisive lead over Cristiano Ronaldo in the number of rates as the best in the world, assesses the two fodboldeksperter.
With six Ballon d'or awards is Lionel Messi moved from Cristiano Ronaldo, who has five of the prestigious awards as world's best footballer.
The two rivals have defined a unique and historical era, believes Niels Christian Frederiksen, fodboldkommentator at Viasat.
- I'm about to say, that it is a taknemmelighedsepoke. Those of us who have seen the two compete, have seen something that we haven't seen before in football history.
- No other has kept the level over so many years, where they have struggled to be the best in the world. I doubt that we are going to see it again, " says Niels Christian Frederiksen.
He believes that Messi is moved away from the portugiseren for ever, and to increasing the argentinian can perform at the current level for at least two seasons more, while Ronaldo has peaked.
But without Ronaldo would Messi not have held quite the same level - or, conversely, points to the commentator.
- There has been a mental hunger in both of them. No one will bend until one has a Ballon d'or more than the other. The competition between them has helped keep them on top for so long.
- They have constantly been looking in the mirror in the other. They have skævet to each other, he explains.
And what makes the era unique is that they have been there at the same time, he explains.
Messi is the greatest without a shadow of a doubt in my mind. Now he saw also to the front with one Ballon d'or, says Niels Christian Frederiksen.
intellectual historian and author Asker Hedegaard Boye also put Messi higher than Ronaldo. He seems not, however, one can say Messi without to say Ronaldo.
- It is a bit like in the 1970s, where one could not say Cruyff outside to say Beckenbauer, which were the two big at the time. And they met not really each other in everyday life.
- But it has Ronaldo and Messi done in Spanish football. They played for the two biggest clubs in the world in their time. Barcelona and Real Madrid.
- It has constantly kept the rivalry going, and I definitely believe that the rivalry has helped to drive the two towards it, which they have created, says Asker Hedegaard Boye.
It must not be understood such that, if one did not exist, so the second would not be able to perform.
- But I think that it has given the extra two percent to both, and it really has meant something, he says.
While Messi has been in the safe environment of Barcelona, Ronaldo switched to Juventus.
Ronaldo has dared more in his career. He has played in three of the big leagues. He switched from Real Madrid to Juventus and trying to do it just as well in the Serie A. It is hard.
- Messi plays it safe by being where he is and where he will always be a success. In the background, I believe more in, that Messi extends his Ballon d'or-edge.
Ronaldo has peaked, and I do not think that he is going to score 40-50 goals per season more. Messi has found a plateau, he can be on, assesses the Asker Hedegaard Boye.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 05 December 2019, 08:00