FC Copenhagen, with the advancement in the Europa League help ensure that Denmark maintains a vital place in the top-15.
There is a lot at stake for FC Copenhagen, when the team Thursday takes against Malmö FF in the sixth and final match in the Europa League group stage.
For Denmark and the Danish club football in general, there is even more on the game, if you look a little further forward.
As the only remaining representative in Europe I am trying to scrape enough points together this season, so that Denmark can retain its ranking in the top 15 in Uefas coefficient-ranking.
Right now, Denmark is number 13 on the list, which counts all the points in this and the previous four seasons.
A place in the top-15 will mean that Denmark is in season 2021/22 have two teams in Champions League qualifying, and a single participant in the Europa League-qualification.
in Addition, Denmark will have two teams in the qualification for the Conference League, which will be introduced as the third and smallest of the three european tournaments.
Finishes outside the top-15, there will be only one Danish participant in the qualification round for the Champions League and three participants in the Conference League.
After the last few days results in the Champions League, can the Czech republic, Croatia and Serbia is no longer overtake Denmark. It can, however, Scotland, Cyprus, Greece and Switzerland.
the FCK-player is Viktor Fischer believes that it is great for Denmark, to FCK have done so well in Europe in recent years.
- In essence - and it sounds a little selfish - we do it for our own sake. We have ambitions as a club, we want to do more as a club, we will be in Europe every year, and we will move on from Europa League group.
- It must be the target for Danish football in general. I believe that absolutely. But it starts with the fact that we as a club are doing it for our own sake.
- And if we help the rest of the country, so it is only a bonus, he says.
the FCK coach Stale Solbakken focuses primarily on getting his own team on, and then everything else come in second.
- This match means that we have the opportunity to win a group stage, and we can play european games after christmas.
And so, it has implications for the points in Europe. So it has significance on many fronts, says Solbakken.
A victory or tie against the swedes will send the FCK on to the final 16.-delsfinaler in February 2020.
- First and foremost it is a football match, we would very much like to win. It is what it is all about. We can't think of anything.
- We know the grounds, and if we win or draw, then it becomes a good day. If we lose, then it becomes a bad day, says Solbakken.
the Fight against Malmö FF starting Thursday at 18.55.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 12 December 2019, 17:00