Ifab will find out how temporary replacements by head injuries can be implemented.
head injuries in football has had increasing focus in recent years, and now has The International Football Association Board (Ifab) decided to move forward with a controversial proposal.
At a meeting Tuesday decided Ifab to establish a group of experts to examine how to implement the possibility of temporary substitutions of players, where there may be a suspicion of concussion.
- the Group will consist of medical specialists and fodboldeksperter, and the members (of the group, red.) will be published as soon as possible, write Ifab on its website.
According to Sky Sports, could the operation have already come in the game for the european championships in 2020, but according to several media will regelændringen first be tested subsequently.
The temporary replacement allows a more thorough hovedtjek ten minutes in a quiet environment. Today, doctors have three minutes available and shall carry out the assessment in tilskuerlarmen at the stadium.
Even though the changes immediately sounds sensible, then they are unnecessary, believe clinical professor in neurosurgery at Aarhus University Jens Christian Hedemann Sørensen.
Doctors can easily determine whether a player has a concussion in under three minutes, said the professor earlier in the week.
- you can also do in the midst of the noise on the sidelines. It also happens by accident, in grøftekanten or in the emergency department.
- Doctors are trained to spot a severe concussion, if one awakens them in the middle of the night.
From the multiple pages, the proposal has been received with scepticism, because it fears that players might abuse the ability to to replace him temporarily.
the President of The union of European Football associations (Uefa), Aleksander Čeferin, however, is also a great advocate for the measure.
- I feel convinced that the current rules around hjernerystelser need to be updated to protect the players and doctors, as well as to ensure that there will be made the right diagnosis.
- It should be done, without the teams negatively affected, said Čeferin in the spring.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 04 December 2019, 16:00