Billund is the first municipality to make an agreement with DBU, to create a football feast in the context of EM.
Many danes can't get into and see the Danish matches in next summer's european championship finals.
Therefore, try Dansk Boldspil-Union (DBU) to spread the fodboldfesten at home out in the whole of Denmark.
It happens with storskærmsarrangementer, fanzoner the european championship in penalty kicks, e-sport, in the form of a Fifa tournament as well as a mobile museum that will recreate the party from the european championship in 1992.
the Concept offers a number of municipalities throughout the country, and as the first municipality Billund Municipality entered into an agreement with DBU concerning the hosting of a football feast under the EM.
- EM 2020 is one of the biggest sporting events, we can dream on in Denmark, and we think, DBU comes with a really exciting concept, which allows to create a football feast for the whole of Billund Municipality.
- We have asked fodboldformændene in the entire municipality, and they were agreed that it was something we would go after, " says mayor Ib Kristensen (V).
There will be busses instead, so football fans of all ages from throughout the region can participate in the fodboldfesten in June.
- We also have big companies with thousands of commuters, which hopefully also would like to see the football in the community, says Lars Thomsen, chairman at Brønderslev sports association.
At DBU and am vice-president Bent Clausen over, the first agreement is in place.
- It is very strong, that one in Billund Municipality has had football clubs on the council, and together have found a destination, where you can gather football fans from all over the municipality, says Bent Clausen.
Billund agreement with DBU includes the three initial EM-matches 13. June against Finland, 18. June v Belgium and 22. June against Russia.
If Denmark in the quarter-finals, the match also. The game is played in this case 29. June.
- There are a great many activities. We hope to gather upwards of 2000 fans to the matches and create a celebration that spreads around in the city, says Ib Kristensen.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 20 December 2019, 18:00