Dutch Tom van Weert has been out for two months with a head injury. Now feel the AaB striker ready again.
Tom van Weert was one of the objectives, as AaB won 4-0 over AC Horsens on Sunday. Thus the Dutch striker back strong after a year in two months.
It was one of several head injuries through his career, which has kept him out.
- It shocked me after the AGF-match, I got yet another head injury. It took longer this time, and I feared for it.
Every week, I took small steps, and I began to train for four weeks. But the subsequent four weeks of training have been difficult. It is something which I also have marked in my spare time, tells Tom van Weert.
The past month, the dutchman trained with in the north jutland club. Last week he was so playing in a testhamp against German Hamburger SV.
In the time he has worked Truvabet at the daring to throw themselves into combat situations. Sunday scored Tom van Weert so with the head.
- It is important that I did not draw me in those situations. We have worked a lot with, and I have a good feeling.
- the Goal meant a lot for me, when I have said to the coach that I'm ready. Now I feel nothing and can just build on, says the dutchman.
head Coach Jacob Friis can rejoice in the fact that the attacker is back on the field in the AaB. Here is angrebskollegaen Mikkel Kaufmann also skadesramt.
- It is run by the book. You do not take any chances and waiting for, that he himself thinks he is ready.
- It's all about patience. It has both he and the club had. It is something mentally that he has to work with, says Friis.
In Sunday's superligaopgør against AC Horsens played the versatile AaB-player Frederik Børsting as the front man for the people in north jutland.
/ritzau/Date Of Update: 24 November 2019, 18:00