Proceedings discontinued: "Extremely distressing": Marteria comments on the police incident and allegations of violence in the USA

At the end of March, Marteria was involved in a police operation in the USA.

Proceedings discontinued: "Extremely distressing": Marteria comments on the police incident and allegations of violence in the USA

At the end of March, Marteria was involved in a police operation in the USA. Now the Rostock rapper has publicly commented on this for the first time. The incident and the associated allegations of violence were "extremely distressing" for him, writes Marteria in a statement that he spread via social media.

Marteria, whose real name is Marten Laciny, writes: "Three weeks ago my girlfriend and I had a loud argument in the USA, which - which I'm not proud of - led to a police operation." After that, the two got along again, writes Marteria. "We are both all the more relieved that the American investigative authorities dropped all allegations and dropped the proceedings. There was no bail, no charges and certainly no choking."

The US Attorney's Office and Marteria's attorney confirmed on Tuesday that charges of assault against the musician had been dropped. "The case was dropped. And I can tell you that I am satisfied with this result," said Marteria's defense attorney Robert DeCurtins of the dpa. "I am pleased that my client has been rehabilitated," he said on the sidelines of a scheduled court hearing in North Carolina, where Marteria was not present.

According to police reports, Marteria was briefly taken into custody in the night of March 29th to March 30th in the US city of Charlotte. At that time, the authorities initially accused of bodily harm by strangulation and attack on a woman in a downtown hotel.

In his statement, Marteria now also defends himself against false reporting and insults and asks that his privacy be respected. He now wants to focus on the music and the upcoming summer shows again.

NEXT NEWS