Prince Harry (38) and Duchess Meghan (41) live in the United States with their children Archie (3) and Lilibet (1). So far they also had a home in England with Frogmore Cottage, from which they are supposed to move out. According to a media report, this is apparently not a major problem for the two.
On March 1, a spokesman for Harry and his wife confirmed "that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been asked to vacate their residence at Frogmore Cottage." The corresponding statement was made by Royal expert Omid Scobie (41), who is considered a close friend of the couple. It was previously reported by the British tabloid The Sun that Harry's father, King Charles III. (74) requesting that the two of them move out of Frogmore Cottage.
As the “Times” writes, it is said that Harry and Meghan are “okay” that they should move out, even if the house was a gift from Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) and they spent the equivalent of 2.7 million euros on renovations have paid. Accordingly, they were not "stunned" by Charles's request to leave their home near Windsor Castle. The couple is said to be more of the opinion that they just move out if they have to.
Elsewhere it had previously been speculated that Harry and Meghan were said to have been shocked by the request. For example, Rebecca English, Royal editor of the "Daily Mail", explained that the quickly published statement showed "how angry they are about it and how shocked they were that it happened".
According to "Sun", Charles is said to have made the decision in January, shortly after the publication of Prince Harry's autobiography "Reserve" (original title: "Spare"), to demand that the two move out. "This certainly means the end of Harry and Meghan's time in the UK," a source said. In his controversial book, Harry had reported, among other things, clashes with other members of the royal family.