These cookies in the shape of a football are great for celebrating a touchdown.
"Buttercream sugar cookies are the perfect treat for events and celebrations, including game day," Leah Buehler, founder of the blog, buttercreamparties.com tells Fox News.
Buehler suggests that you can find size 5 piping tip in your local grocery store's baking aisle. If your store does not stock them, you can simply cut a small hole in the bottom of the plastic bags and you are good to go.
Football Buttercream Sugar Cookies by Leah Buehler of buttercreamparties.com
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
1 cup cold salted butter
1 cup granulated Sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour plus extra flour to roll out the dough onto
2 tsp. Baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mix the flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Set it aside for later.
3. Use the paddle attachment to cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer.
4. Mix the egg with vanilla extract until well combined.
5. Slowly combine the flour mixture with the wet ingredients to form a ball.
6. Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface. To cut 24 cookies, use a football-shaped cookie cutter.
7. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes on a parchment-lined baking sheet or until they are dry.
1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 lb. 1 lb.
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. 2 tbsp.
Food dyes in brown
1. Use the paddle attachment in your stand mixer to combine the shortening and butter until they are well combined.
2. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix on low speed.
3. Mix the whole milk with the vanilla extract until well combined
4. You can scoop out 1 cup frosting, place it in a piping bag using a size 5 tip or make a small hole at its bottom.
5. Mix the brown food coloring with the rest of the frosting. Then, turn the mixer on low to combine the ingredients in the stand mixer.
6. Use a size 5 tip to pipe 1 cup of brown frosting in a piping bag. Or, make a small hole at its bottom.
How to decorate the Football Buttercream Sugar Cookies
1. To outline the edges of each cookie, use the brown frosting.
2. Use the brown frosting to draw lines in order to color each football.
3. To draw the laces on the football cookies, use the white frosting.