Crime: turning point in the death of Venezuela's rapper Canserbero

There is an unexpected turnaround in the case of the Venezuelan rapper Canserbero, who died in 2015 and was considered one of the most important representatives of this style of music in his country and beyond.

Crime: turning point in the death of Venezuela's rapper Canserbero

There is an unexpected turnaround in the case of the Venezuelan rapper Canserbero, who died in 2015 and was considered one of the most important representatives of this style of music in his country and beyond. Irregularities were found in the work of the pathologist responsible for carrying out the autopsy, Venezuela's Attorney General Tarek William Saab said on the X platform (formerly Twitter).

Tyrone González, as the rapper's real name was, did not commit suicide, but was killed by his then manager Natalia Améstica. This emerges from a confession that Améstica made to the prosecutor's office, which published the statement on Tuesday. Accordingly, she drugged the rapper and stabbed him. With the help of her brother, she then threw the body out of a tenth-floor window, she said.

The 26-year-old's death shocked his fans, especially as it was said at the time that the star had killed his friend Carlos Molnar in a knife fight before jumping out of the window. In the confession, the woman stated that her brother arrived with three officers from the Venezuelan secret service Sebin to arrange the crime scene so that everything would look like a suicide.

Secret service employees involved

She had previously given the two men tea with a strong sedative in her apartment in Maracay, near the capital Caracas, to anesthetize them. She then stabbed Molnar, who was her boyfriend at the time, and later Canserbero. According to Saab, both the secret service and criminal police officials received money "for concealing important details in the investigation."

The ex-manager killed the two men because she had organized a tour to Chile a few days earlier and was told that she would not be paid and that she was no longer wanted as manager. “That hurt me a lot and caused me a lot of internal suffering,” she said in the video confession.

The case was reopened in November following pressure from the rapper's family and friends who had always questioned the official version of events. In October of this year, Canserbero was ranked first in the list of the 50 greatest in the history of rap in Spanish by the music magazine Rolling Stone.

NEXT NEWS